Tag: Honorary Degree
- UMass Boston Professor Delivers Commencement Address in Kyrgyzstan
Professor of Counseling Psychology Sharon Horne delivered the commencement address at American University of Central Asia in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan last month. She also received an honorary professorship, similar to an honorary degree in the United States.
- Honorary Degree Given to Bernard Osher, OLLI Funder
Philanthropist Bernard Osher was honored for his commitment to lifelong learning.
- UMass Boston Global Governance Professor Honored at University of St. Andrews Laureation
Timothy Shaw, director of the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Global Governance and Human Security PhD program, received an honorary degree from the University of St Andrews last week.
- UMass Boston Biology Professor Honored at University of Alberta Convocation
The University of Alberta presented Kamaljit Bawa with an honorary doctor of science degree for his life’s work promoting social justice and conservation biology.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 44th Commencement on June 1
UMass Boston’s Campus Center lawn will be transformed into a stage for the largest event of the year, as more than 3,800 students receive their degrees.
- Graduates Encouraged to Make a Difference at 43rd Commencement Ceremony
The work has just begun for UMass Boston's Class of 2011. That was the message principal speaker Dr. Muriel Howard delivered.
- Dr. Muriel Howard Delivers 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Outgoing UMass President Jack Wilson was awarded a surprise Chancellor's Medal at his last commencement at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 43rd Commencement on June 3
Dr. Muriel Howard is the principal speaker for the University of Massachusetts Boston's 43rd Commencement ceremony.
- Dr. Muriel Howard to Deliver 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Dr. Muriel Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will deliver the principal address for Commencement 2011.
- Chancellor Delivers Honorary Degree to Buddhist Leader, Cultivates International Ties
Chancellor J. Keith Motley and others from UMass Boston traveled to Tokyo to present an honorary degree to Buddhist leader and scholar Daisaku Ikeda.
- Buddhist Leader Receives Honorary Degree from UMass Boston in Japan
At a special ceremony in Tokyo, UMass Boston honored Daisaku Ikeda, founder of Soka University, with an honorary degree.