- New UMass Boston Center Focuses on Employment for People with Intellectual Disabilities
The Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Advancing Employment for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities will analyze policies that help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities find quality employment.
- Think College Capacity Building Institute (Day Two)
The keynote address by Dan Habib, creator of such films as Including Samuel and What About Kelsey, will be followed by workshops on inclusive higher education.
- Think College Capacity Building Institute (Day One)
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, the Think College Capacity Building Institute is a chance to learn from and share with colleagues involved in the inclusive postsecondary education movement.
- Teachers Graduate from UMass Boston, Ready to Make a Difference in Pacific Islands
Among the nearly 4,000 students who earned diplomas from UMass Boston on Friday, eight have had a particularly long journey. These new graduates are teachers from American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), and the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.
- UMass Boston Gala Raises $1.4 Million for Brett Chair
The ninth annual gala shattered a UMass Boston fundraising record, but the real story of the evening was told in names rather than numbers.
- ICI Director William Kiernan Speaks before the U.S. Senate
The director of the Institute for Community Inclusion at UMass Boston spoke on a panel before the U.S. Senate's Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.
- Helping the Disabled Join the Workforce
The Research and Technical Assistance Center on Vocational Rehabilitation Program Management will apply business lessons to the disability field.