- SGISD Professor and Student Present on Human Rights at UConn
Gillian MacNaughton and Kostas Koutsioumpas shared papers at a human rights conference.
- Students Discuss Privilege, Inclusion, Inequalities at Social Justice Conference
The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement hosted the first annual Social Justice Conference at UMass Boston.
- SGISD Professor Receives $750K Federal Grant
Dimity Peter's new grant will fund graduate scholarships in rehabilitation counseling.
- Chancellor Motley Honored as Leader in Diversity
The Boston Business Journal has selected Chancellor J. Keith Motley as a recipient of its 2014 Leaders in Diversity Awards.
- New Book by UMass Boston Professor Addresses Supervision in Allied Health Professions
Professor James Soldner's new book examines clinical and supervisory practices.
- LatinasRepresent Boston
This event will connect Latinas interested in pursuing elected and appointed office and their allies to resources and mentors who can help make their aspirations a reality.
- Climate Study Learning & Planning Session 2: Race and Ethnicity Issues
Topic: How would you improve campus climate on Race and Ethnicity? All members of the UMass Boston community are invited to share their suggestions.
- “All-in Nation”: UMass Boston Economist Proposes Policies to Shrink Inequities, Build Jobs
Christian Weller presents federal policy choices that will foster inclusive job creation.
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.
- Shriver and Kennedy Family Members Help with Camp Shriver’s Fifth Summer of Fun and Friendship
Anthony Shriver, founder and chairman of Best Buddies International, and the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, visited the last day of Camp Shriver.