Tag: Institute For Asian American Studies
- Japanese Government Honors Professor Paul Watanabe with Order of the Rising Sun
UMass Boston Professor of Political Science and Institute for Asian American Studies Director Paul Watanabe has been awarded the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon, by the Japanese government.
- The Literate Lives of Cambodian American Children in an Early Childhood Classroom
Join the Institute for Asian American Studies for this research presentation.
- Racism Online: Racialized Aggressions and Sense of Belonging Among Asian American College Students
Join the Institute for Asian American Studies for a research talk about social media by PhD student Kevin Gin.
- IAAS Research Fellows Presentation
The Institute for Asian American Studies presents talks by research fellows Ivy Ho and MinJin Kim.
- Book talk by Tufts University Sociologist, Pawan Dhingra
Hire a White Woman: Racial and Gender Presentations within Immigrant Businesses
- Valuing Women’s Paid Care Work: From Research to Public Policy in Massachusetts
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy is pleased to host its 33rd Women’s Research Forum.
- Presentation by IAAS Research Fellow Dr. Leslie Wang
Institute for Asian American Studies presents: Untying the Red Thread: Adolescent Adoptees’ Desire to Search for Their Chinese Birth Parents
- Presentation by IAAS Research Fellow Dr. Jane Yeonjae Lee
Institute for Asian American Studies presents: Being non-Christian in a Christian community: Experiences of belonging and identity among Korean Americans
- Shifting Parent Perspectives on ELL Education
Institute for Asian American Studies Research Fellow Presentation
- NIH Funds UMass Boston Led Study of Visualization in Health Education on Highway Pollution
Carolyn Wong, a research associate with the Institute for Asian American Studies, has received a $450,000 grant to lead a study, along with researchers at UMass Lowell and Tufts University, of computer visualization in promoting health literacy on the toxic effects of highway pollution in Chinatown.
- UMass Boston Student Scholars to Study Culture, History, Leadership in Japan
UMass Boston is one of four universities selected for the TOMODACHI Inouye Scholars Program, designed to educate students in the U.S. about the life and contributions of Senator Inouye and other Japanese Americans.
- UMass Boston Minute: Shauna Lo and Chinese Laundries in Massachusetts
In the latest UMass Boston Minute, we hear from the assistant director of the Institute for Asian American Studies, Shauna Lo.
- UMass Boston Studies Asian American Voter Registration in Massachusetts
Asian Americans comprise a growing share of voting-age residents and citizens and registered voters in Massachusetts.
- Watanabe Named Chairman of New U.S. Census Bureau Commission
The director of the Institute for Asian American Studies will advise the Census Bureau on how to track "hard-to-count" populations.
- Smithsonian’s Asian Pacific American Program Director Talks #Linsanity at UMass Boston May 10
The Institute for Asian American Studies will host Konrad Ng, director of the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Program, to speak at UMass Boston Thursday, May 10, as part of the Takayanagi Speaker Series.