Tag: Integrated Sciences Complex
- UMass Boston Part of Princeton Review’s Green Colleges Guide for Seventh Time
While the UMass Boston campus is decked out in reds and oranges this time of year, it’s green year-round no matter the weather thanks to ongoing environmental efforts and a newly LEED Gold-certified Integrated Sciences Complex. This caught the attention of The Princeton Review.
- A Look Inside the Sandbox Lab at the Integrated Sciences Complex
The lab offers a unique space for students and faculty to collaborate on research projects.
- Marty Meehan Meets with UMass Boston Students to Launch UMass Presidency
New UMass President Marty Meehan officially launched his presidency Wednesday morning, holding a roundtable discussion with UMass Boston students in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- UMass Boston Students Excel in International Mathematics Competition
The team earned its highest ranking since 2011
- UMass Boston Cuts Ribbon on Integrated Sciences Complex
UMass Boston today officially opened its state-of-the-art $182 million Integrated Sciences Complex with a ribbon cutting, celebrating the first new academic building on campus in 40 years.
- UMass Boston Cuts Ribbon on New Integrated Sciences Complex
The University of Massachusetts Boston today officially opened its state-of-the-art $182 million Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC) with a ribbon cutting, celebrating the first new academic building on campus in 40 years.
- BostInno: “Jill Macoska, UMass Boston Making Strides in Cancer Therapy”
BostInno visits the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy (CPCT), located in the new Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC).
- UMass Boston to Cut Ribbon on New ISC
Research Facility Features Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy and Baby Lab
- Integrated Sciences Complex Ribbon Cutting
Join Chancellor J. Keith Motley as he and other dignitaries cut the ribbon on our newest academic building on campus!
- Integrated Sciences Complex Opens
Classes started today at the first new academic building since the Columbia Point campus opened in 1974.
- Welcome Back: ISC Opens and Travel Tips for the Spring Semester
The new Integrated Sciences Complex is open for classes starting today. Hundreds of students will be taking Biology 111 or 112 in the laboratories on the second floor of the ISC.
- Governor Patrick Celebrates New Integrated Sciences Complex at UMass Boston
The ISC is a gleaming symbol of the state's investment in higher education infrastructure, Chancellor Motley told the crowd.
- UMass Boston Showcases Green ISC at Presidential Summit on Climate Leadership
The three-day 2014 Presidential Summit on Climate Leadership kicked off at the University of Massachusetts Boston this month with an overview of the university’s sustainability efforts in and out of the classroom.
- Construction Milestones, Challenges this Fall
Although there will be much progress to celebrate in the coming months, the fall semester will also bring significant challenges as the work to enhance the UMass Boston campus with new facilities that will make it an even better place to learn, teach, and work continues.
- Changing the Innovation Landscape: Tours of the Integrated Sciences Complex
Chancellor J. Keith Motley cordially invites the campus community for an advance tour of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Governor Patrick Celebrates Integrated Sciences Complex
The ISC, the first new academic building to be built on campus in nearly 40 years, was funded by the Patrick administration’s Higher Education Bond Bill.
- Steel Skeleton Arises at Edward M. Kennedy Site
The steel skeleton of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate continues to rise above parking lot A. Meanwhile, crews have started installing granite, limestone, and glass on the exterior wall of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Ground Improvement Work and Mock-up Underway at ISC Site
Giant Lego-like white blocks will begin to be installed next week underground near the pedestrian bridge on the Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC) site’s northeast corner.
- Utility Work Resumes at Integrated Sciences Complex
Utility work will resume outside the Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC) construction site on Monday, April 23, near the Service and Supply parking lot and the loading dock areas.
- Sign Up for a Campus Construction Lunch and Learn
Join the Construction Impact and Awareness Advisory Committee for a free pizza lunch and learn about the latest on campus construction projects.
- UMass Boston Tops Off Integrated Sciences Complex Construction
The Integrated Sciences Complex will be UMass Boston’s first new academic building since the campus was completed in 1974.
- UMass Boston Tops Off Integrated Sciences Complex Construction
UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley marked a milestone in the construction phase of the Integrated Sciences Complex with a topping off ceremony.
- ISC Topping Off Ceremony Set for Thursday
UMass Boston students, staff, and faculty are invited to sign a steel beam in advance of the “topping off” ceremony for the Integrated Sciences Complex, February 16, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
- Preparing to Place ISC Floor Slabs
Crews are wrapping the Integrated Sciences Complex frame to prepare for a concrete placement in the north wing scheduled for the week of February 13, 2012.
- ISC Steel Arising
A second crane will arrive later this week to begin erecting steel on the east wing of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Steel for the Holidays
Structural steel for the Integrated Sciences Complex will arrive on December 21, 2011 from Novel Iron Works in Greenland, New Hampshire.
- ISC Utility and Tunnel Installation Continue
Utility and tunnel work are underway at the Integrated Sciences Complex. Bricks are being installed on the façade of the university's new switchgear building.
- Second New Academic Building Takes Shape
Campus planners are working on the design for a general academic building containing state-of-the-art classroom facilities.
- Quinn Roadway Shifts Lanes Next Week, Will Close for the Following Week
In order to complete utility plant waterproofing and roadway work for the winter, crews will need to close the Quinn roadway from Monday, November 7, to Monday, November 14, 2011.
- Road, Parking Changes
The Quinn roadway will be reduced to one lane for about two weeks while crews dig a trench for utilities. There will be more than 100 fewer parking spaces in Lot A beginning October 17, 2011.
- UMass Boston Breaks Ground on $155 Million Integrated Sciences Complex
Construction is under way on UMass Boston's first new academic building since 1974, the Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC), a home for research and innovation.