Tag: International Relations
- International Education Week: Global Connection Day
Find volunteer, study, internships and more opportunities in locations around the globe! Global Connection Workshops include Study Abroad 101, Resume Writing, and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- 2017 Student Orientation: Conflict Resolution, Int’l Relations and Global Governance/Human Security
For incoming students in the International Relations Master’s Program, the Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution, and the Global Governance and Human Security PhD Program
- “Trump’s Foreign Policy: A New Direction?”: Distinguished Lecture on Global Politics by Stephen Walt
The Department of Political Science, the new BA Program in International Relations, and the Office of Global Programs are sponsoring this talk with international relations expert Stephen Walt.
- Accelerated Master’s Program Information Lunch
Thinking about graduate school? Stop by for complimentary lunch and learn more about UMass Boston's accelerated master's degree programs.
- International Relations Capstone Project Presentations
International Relations master's students will present their capstone projects.
- Burma Update: Exciting Times in Post-Election Myanmar with Aung Tun
Aung Tun is a national governance expert at the Asian Development Bank and alum of the UMass Boston International Relations Program.
- Announcing New Master of Arts Degree in International Relations
Beginning in the 2016-2017 academic year, the existing international relations track in the Masters of Public Administration program will be replaced by this new, stand-alone MA degree, giving the program more visibility and helping to meet the needs of a globalizing workplace.
- America’s War for the Greater Middle East - Joiner Speaker Series presents Andrew Bacevich
Join the William Joiner Institute for the Study of War and Social Consequences for a talk by retired army colonel and New York Times bestselling author Andrew J. Bacevich.
- Be the Change: Exploring Graduate Programs in Public Service
Join us for a dynamic and informative evening showcasing public service and McCormack’s graduate programs
- International Relations MPA Virtual Online Info Session
Are You Ready to Make an Impact? Earn a master's degree in International Relations. Join us to learn more about our program.
- 2016 Student Orientation: Conflict Resolution, Int’l Relations and Global Governance/Human Security
For incoming students of the International Relations Master’s Program, the Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution, and the Global Governance and Human Security PhD Program
- UMass Boston International Relations Graduate Students Featured on WGBH’s Greater Boston
International Relations Master's students making a difference!
- McCormack Salutes More than 150 New Graduates
We honor this year’s awardees and McCormack’s entire graduating class of 2015
- International Relations Student Earns Two Awards
Charlotte Carnehl has distinguished herself as an outstanding thinker and analyst across issues and modes of analysis, as evidenced by her almost perfect GPA.
- International Relations Student Capstone Presentations
Join our international relations students as they present their capstones
- Peace in Northern Ireland: Dream or Reality?
Professor Breen-Smyth will present a contemporary assessment of the status of the settlement in Northern Ireland in the context of stalemate in the assembly and continuing spoiler violence
- Growing Fulbright Community at the McCormack Graduate School
Six Fulbright students join the Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security and Global Governance.
- McCormack Grad Student Attends Geneva Peace Conference
International Relations graduate student Huseyin Sari attended the Geneva Peace Conference: Mobilizing Civil Society for Building Peace, on October 24, United Nations Day.
- Honors College & McCormack Graduate School Accelerated BA/Master’s Informational Meeting
Attend this event to learn more about an exciting opportunity for accelerated master's programs.
- Prof. Robert Weiner Retires, Marks Nearly 50 Years of Excellence, Student Focus
Political science and international relations expert begins post-retirement phase.
- UMass Boston Classmates Build Children’s Reading Room in Rwanda
McCormack Graduate School classmates Parfait Gasana and Wade Cedar take on a worthy cause.
- International Relations Program Honors Daniel Zaleznik: An ‘Outstanding Thinker’
The winner of this year's International Relations Convocation Award has a perfect GPA and was a member of the UMass Boston faculty-student team that traveled to Nairobi, Kenya last year to participate in the Governing Council meetings of the United Nations Environment Programme.
- Nigerian Energy Policy Advisor Speaks at McCormack Grad School Alumni Seminar
Ngozi Ifeoma “Ify” Malo ‘05 shares examples of how she uses lessons from her graduate school training in dispute resolution.
- McCormack Graduate School RAP Session: Research, Advocacy, and Policy event
Join McCormack Grad School community for a display of student, staff, and faculty research, advocacy, and policy projects.
- Remittances, Mobility, and the Politics of Global Labor Migration with Guest Speaker Nazli Kibria
First Annual Jalal Alamgir Memorial Lecture
- Effectiveness and the Role of Nongovernmental Actors in the Networked Governance of the High Seas
Lecture with Visiting Researcher Betul Gokkir
- Three McCormack Int’l Relations, Global Governance Scholars Publish Books
Books from Murphy, Parpart, and Shaw include reprints of two classics and a new edited collection on global governance.
- 20 Years of Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process: What Have We Learned?
Join us for a discussion led by faculty experts in political science, international relations, and coflict resolution
- UMass Boston Prof Edits New Book on Regionalisms for Development in Global South
Timothy Shaw, an expert on international political economy, edits a new book on comparative regionalisms
- Lecture: Malalai Joya: Have Afghan Women Been Liberated?
Malalai Joya has spoken out against former warlords and war criminals and has survived six assassination attempts. She is on a tour sponsored by the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC).
- Understanding the Crisis in Syria
A Political Science Forum with Professors Lelia Farsakh and Craig Murphy
- McCormack Graduate School Honors Three Top Master’s Students at Recent Convocation
Three UMass Boston graduate policy students earn book awards.
- MGS Alumni Start Nonprofit to Train Youth Farmers in Ethiopia
Alumni from public affairs and international relations establish innovative educational program for disconnected youth.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- Africa’s New Revolution: A Conversation with Gebreselaisse Yosief Tesfamichael
Listen to the former finance minister of Eritrea and former governor of the World Bank talk about the turmoil in Africa
- MGS Graduate Seminar on Globalization and Development Broadcast to Liberians
International relations students "gain invaluable insight from .. Liberian counterparts"
- MGS Faculty, Students, and Alums Provide Stimulating Lifelong Learning for OLLI Members
Members of the McCormack Graduate School community offer a wide array of courses this fall
- International Relations Master’s Student’s Article Published on ForeignPolicy.com
Joseph Sarkisian's article is titled "Examining the advisors: Is a vote for Romney a vote for going to war with Iran?"
- International Relations Student Pens Article on United Nations Environment Programme Roundtable
Michael Denney writes on Environment and Finance: Tipping Points Discussion at UNEP Roundtable
- Student News
International Relations MSPA student Joseph Sarkisian interns at CNAS
- UMass Boston Professors Teach the Egyptian Uprisings in Real Time
The Political Science Department sponsored a round table discussion, "Understanding Popular Revolt in Tunisia and Egypt," in the wake of the uprisings in Egypt.