Tag: International Relations
- UMass Boston International Relations Graduate Students Featured on WGBH’s Greater Boston
International Relations Master's students making a difference!
- McCormack Salutes More than 150 New Graduates
We honor this year’s awardees and McCormack’s entire graduating class of 2015
- International Relations Student Earns Two Awards
Charlotte Carnehl has distinguished herself as an outstanding thinker and analyst across issues and modes of analysis, as evidenced by her almost perfect GPA.
- International Relations Student Capstone Presentations
Join our international relations students as they present their capstones
- Peace in Northern Ireland: Dream or Reality?
Professor Breen-Smyth will present a contemporary assessment of the status of the settlement in Northern Ireland in the context of stalemate in the Assembly and continuing spoiler violence
- Growing Fulbright Community at the McCormack Graduate School
Six Fulbright students join the Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security and Global Governance.
- McCormack Grad Student Attends Geneva Peace Conference
International Relations graduate student Huseyin Sari attended the Geneva Peace Conference: Mobilizing Civil Society for Building Peace, on October 24, United Nations Day.
- Honors College & McCormack Graduate School Accelerated BA/Master’s Informational Meeting
Attend this event to learn more about an exciting opportunity for accelerated master's programs.
- Prof. Robert Weiner Retires, Marks Nearly 50 Years of Excellence, Student Focus
Political science and international relations expert begins post-retirement phase.
- UMass Boston Classmates Build Children’s Reading Room in Rwanda
McCormack Graduate School classmates Parfait Gasana and Wade Cedar take on a worthy cause.
- International Relations Program Honors Daniel Zaleznik: An ‘Outstanding Thinker’
The winner of this year's International Relations Convocation Award has a perfect GPA and was a member of the UMass Boston faculty-student team that traveled to Nairobi, Kenya last year to participate in the Governing Council meetings of the United Nations Environment Programme.
- Nigerian Energy Policy Advisor Speaks at McCormack Grad School Alumni Seminar
Ngozi Ifeoma “Ify” Malo ‘05 shares examples of how she uses lessons from her graduate school training in dispute resolution.
- McCormack Graduate School RAP Session: Research, Advocacy, and Policy event
Join McCormack Grad School community for a display of student, staff, and faculty research, advocacy, and policy projects.
- Remittances, Mobility, and the Politics of Global Labor Migration with Guest Speaker Nazli Kibria
First Annual Jalal Alamgir Memorial Lecture
- Effectiveness and the Role of Nongovernmental Actors in the Networked Governance of the High Seas
Lecture with Visiting Researcher Betul Gokkir
- Three McCormack Int’l Relations, Global Governance Scholars Publish Books
Books from Murphy, Parpart, and Shaw include reprints of two classics and a new edited collection on global governance.
- 20 Years of Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process: What Have We Learned?
Join us for a discussion led by faculty experts in political science, international relations, and coflict resolution
- UMass Boston Prof Edits New Book on Regionalisms for Development in Global South
Timothy Shaw, an expert on international political economy, edits a new book on comparative regionalisms
- Lecture: Malalai Joya: Have Afghan Women Been Liberated?
Malalai Joya has spoken out against former warlords and war criminals and has survived six assassination attempts. She is on a tour sponsored by the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC).
- Understanding the Crisis in Syria
A Political Science Forum with Professors Lelia Farsakh and Craig Murphy
- McCormack Graduate School Honors Three Top Master’s Students at Recent Convocation
Three UMass Boston graduate policy students earn book awards.
- MGS Alumni Start Nonprofit to Train Youth Farmers in Ethiopia
Alumni from public affairs and international relations establish innovative educational program for disconnected youth.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- Africa’s New Revolution: A Conversation with Gebreselaisse Yosief Tesfamichael
Listen to the former finance minister of Eritrea and former governor of the World Bank talk about the turmoil in Africa
- MGS Graduate Seminar on Globalization and Development Broadcast to Liberians
International relations students "gain invaluable insight from .. Liberian counterparts"
- MGS Faculty, Students, and Alums Provide Stimulating Lifelong Learning for OLLI Members
Members of the McCormack Graduate School community offer a wide array of courses this fall
- International Relations Student Pens Article on United Nations Environment Programme Roundtable
Michael Denney writes on Environment and Finance: Tipping Points Discussion at UNEP Roundtable
- UMass Boston Professors Teach the Egyptian Uprisings in Real Time
The Political Science Department sponsored a round table discussion, "Understanding Popular Revolt in Tunisia and Egypt," in the wake of the uprisings in Egypt.