Tag: Ira Jackson
- UMass Boston’s Ira Jackson Recalls Boston and Busing
At a speech at the Rappaport Institute, Dean Jackson recalls his time in the Kevin White administration during the busing crisis.
- New Certificate Name and New Courses for Women in Politics and Public Policy
This September, the graduate certificate program for Women in Politics and Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts Boston will have a new name: the graduate certificate program in Gender, Leadership and Public Policy.
- Looking Back 20 Years: UMass Boston Honors South African Peacemakers
In 1993, Padraig O’Malley spearheaded the plan to bring Cyril Ramaphosa and Roelf Meyer to UMass Boston for honorary degrees.
- UMass Boston Professor Convenes Global Peace Conference in Nigeria to Assist Cities in Conflict
Padraig O’Malley, a UMass Boston professor who has helped broker peace in Northern Ireland and South Africa, facilitated the Forum for Cities in Transition conference in Kaduna, Nigeria last week.
- Federal Reserve Bank CEO Speaks on National Economic Outlook
In a speech at UMass Boston, Boston Federal Reserve Bank President Eric Rosengren said that while there have been some areas of improved economic performance, the economy “remains challenged.”
- Dean Ira Jackson Shares Career Experiences and Leadership Lessons with Graduates
McCormack Grad School dean shares life lessons on imagination, perseverance, and leadership.
- UMass Boston’s WUMB Radio Welcomes New Host to Commonwealth Journal
McCormack Grad School dean tackles timely cultural and public affairs topics like climate change, Middle East peace, and more.
- Ira Jackson Named Interim Dean of McCormack Graduate School
Former Revenue Commissioner, BankBoston Executive Joins UMass Boston