- Fukushima, A Divided Community: Its Conflict Transformation Strategies - Colloquium
Prof. Akiko Ishihara, Kumamoto University will discuss conflict transformation and peacebuilding projects in Fukushima & around North Korean tensions. Part of Conflict Resolution Colloquium Series
- Economics Professor Will Be Visiting Kyoto University
Professor Yun K. Kim of the Economics Department will be visiting Kyoto University in Kyoto, Japan at the end of this month.
- Bridge of Understanding Built Between UMass Boston, Hokkaido University
UMass Boston signed a memorandum of understanding and student exchange agreement with Hokkaido University of Sapporo, Japan, promoting academic and educational cooperation between the two institutions.
- UMass Boston Student Scholars to Study Culture, History, Leadership in Japan
UMass Boston is one of four universities selected for the TOMODACHI Inouye Scholars Program, designed to educate students in the U.S. about the life and contributions of Senator Inouye and other Japanese Americans.
- Chancellor Delivers Honorary Degree to Buddhist Leader, Cultivates International Ties
Chancellor J. Keith Motley and others from UMass Boston traveled to Tokyo to present an honorary degree to Buddhist leader and scholar Daisaku Ikeda.
- Buddhist Leader Receives Honorary Degree from UMass Boston in Japan
At a special ceremony in Tokyo, UMass Boston honored Daisaku Ikeda, founder of Soka University, with an honorary degree.