Tag: Jfk Award
- 2017 JFK Award Winner Daniela Bravo-Terkia’s Undergraduate Commencement Address
Daniela Bravo-Terkia, who emigrated from Chile with her family at age 12, received the John F. Kennedy Award for Academic Excellence on Friday at UMass Boston’s 49th Commencement exercises.
- From the Cover of TIME to UMass Boston’s JFK Winner: Daniela Bravo-Terkia a Voice for Immigrants
This year's JFK Award winner is Daniela Bravo-Terkia, who has dedicated her time at UMass Boston to making sure undocumented students like her don’t feel pressured to hide. The JFK Award is the highest honor a UMass Boston undergraduate can receive.
- JFK Winner Alexander Winnett’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 48th Commencement
Alexander Winnett, who delivered the student address, received two distinguished awards: the John F. Kennedy Award for Academic Excellence, the highest honor given to UMass Boston graduates, and the Massachusetts Department of Education’s 29 Who Shine Award.
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year. Have a look!
- Social Justice Mission Motivates JFK Winner July Suarez
College of Liberal Arts alumna working to increase opportunities, resources for Latino communities in Mass.
- Commencement Speaker Figueres: Class of 2014 Must Exercise ‘Power of Choice’
UMass Boston commencement speaker Christiana Figueres urged the 3,994 graduates to exercise "their power of choice."
- JFK Winner Shaun O’Grady Journeyed from Battlefield to Classroom
Lynn native Shaun O’Grady traveled a long and difficult path from his hometown to the commencement stage at UMass Boston. He once thought college "wasn't in the cards" for him.
- JFK Winner Shaun O’Grady’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 46th Commencement
Read Shaun O'Grady's message to the Class of 2014.
- UMass Boston Student Veteran Sam Chandler Wins JFK Award
The 37th winner of UMass Boston's top academic award told the commencement crowd that childhood nature hikes with his mom inspired his philosophy of engagement and service.
- JFK Winner Sam Chandler’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 45th Commencement
Read the speech and watch the video of College of Management graduate Sam Chandler's remarks on behalf of the Class of 2013.
- College of Management Student Sam Chandler Wins 2013 JFK Award
Marine Corps Veteran to Receive Highest Student Honor at UMass Boston Commencement on May 31
- UMass Boston Graduates Urged to Lead at 44th Commencement Ceremony
More than 3,800 students received degrees, making them the largest graduating class in university history.
- JFK Award Winner Tells Fellow Graduates to ‘Be the Change’
Social psychology major Albert Chen is this year's John F. Kennedy Award winner — the highest honor given to a UMass Boston undergraduate student.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 44th Commencement on June 1
UMass Boston’s Campus Center lawn will be transformed into a stage for the largest event of the year, as more than 3,800 students receive their degrees.
- JFK Award Winner Defies Obstacles
Alia MacPherson not only conquered obstacles, but managed to rise to the top of her class in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, one of the most competitive nursing schools in New England.
- JFK Award Winner Defies Obstacles
2011 JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson defies obstacles: She was forced to quit high school and begin working two jobs to help support her family.
- JFK Winner Alia MacPherson’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 43rd Commencement
This is the text of JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson's speech to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Class of 2011.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 43rd Commencement on June 3
Dr. Muriel Howard is the principal speaker for the University of Massachusetts Boston's 43rd Commencement ceremony.
- JFK Award Winner to Join the Battle against HIV/AIDS
Thao Xuan Do, the 34th JFK Award winner, was unable to speak any English when she came to America from Vietnam six years ago.
- Family is the Focus of 1997 JFK Winner’s Documentary Film
Chico Colvard, 1997 JFK Award winner and adjunct instructor in law, race and media, is quickly gaining national attention with his award-winning documentary.