Tag: John W. Mccormack Graduate School Of Policy And Global Studies
- Winning Gerontology Papers Address Caring for Aging Veterans and Intergenerational Programs
This year's winning Gerontology capstone papers address caring for aging veterans and offering intergenerational community programs.
- McCormack Grad School Ties to Boston’s Top Thought Leaders
Boston Magazine’s The Power of Ideas issue reveals leaders with McCormack ties.
- Three McCormack Faculty Earn Healey Research and Public Service Grants
Professors Ann Bookman, Maria Ivanova, and Courtenay Sprague have earned internal grants to advance their research and service projects.
- Is Peace Possible? Young Middle Eastern Ultimate Frisbee Players Believe It Is
Ultimate Peace teen group shares insights with UMass Boston community
- UMass Boston’s WUMB Radio Welcomes New Host to Commonwealth Journal
McCormack Grad School dean tackles timely cultural and public affairs topics like climate change, Middle East peace, and more.
- UMass Boston Lecture Highlights Boston Mayor’s Office Smart Technology
McCormack Grad School hosts representatives from Menino's Office of New Urban Mechanics.
- Organizing in Education for Racial Justice
Dialogue with McCormack Grad School and College of Education faculty and students on this important topic.
- Alumnae of Women in Politics Program Gather with Founders
UMass Boston and Boston College graduates reunite for reunion and networking event.
- Gerontology Honor Society Event at UMass Boston Steers Students Toward Booming Aging Industry
Students in the Gamma Upsilon chapter of Sigma Phi Omega national gerontology honor society hold Careers in Aging event.
- McCormack Grad School Director Briefs Russian Delegation on Emergency Management
At Boston FEMA event, Professor Awotona shares expertise on post-disaster reconstruction with Russian ministers.
- New Collins Center Partnership to Improve Performance of School Operations
Modeled after their highly successful municipal program, school systems will now share data and best practices.
- UMass Boston Played Pivotal Role in UN Arms Treaty Process
McCormack Grad School peacemaker led informal September 2010 meeting in Boston to spark momentum and provide a space for open talks.
- New Feminist Agenda: Former VT Governor Calls for Revolution in Work, Family Structures
Promoting her new book, Madeleine Kunin notes that “gender equality remains an elusive goal.”
- Same Sex Marriage: Implications for Policymaking and Older Adults
Ellen Bruce, JD will present facts, procedure, and arguments as well as lead a community discussion on these pending Supreme Court cases.
- Knowing “That” and Knowing “How”: Communities of Practice in Public Management
McCormack Grad School public affairs seminar with Amy Smith, Michael Ward, and Amy Dain.
- CSP Labor Researcher Joins Global Policy Dialogue on Informal Work
Francoise Carré notes that informal work is often hidden from economic calculations and policy discourse.
- At Collins Center Conference, Gov. Patrick Announces Next Phase of Performance Management Efforts
With the launch of the MassResults Initiative, Gov. Deval Patrick seeks to make state government more effective, accountable, and open.
- UNICEF International Development Expert Speaks at McCormack Graduate School
The Center for Governance and Sustainability hosted Katell Le Goulven for scholarly discussion on sustainable development.
- Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty: Katrina Survivors Share their Stories
Center for Social Policy book launch for Not Meant to Live Like This: Weathering the Storm of Our Lives in New Orleans
- New Urban Mechanics: Civic Innovation through Partnerships and Technology
Join us for McCormack Graduate School's Public Service Symposium on how new technologies are shaping public service delivery in Boston.
- An Evening with Ambassador Madeleine Kunin: The New Feminist Agenda
Join us for this event sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy.