- Immigration and Labor Market Precarity in the 21st Century U.S.
This lecture will analyze the challenges currently facing low-wage immigrant workers and recent efforts to organize them and advocate on their behalf.
- UMass Boston Research Scholar Assesses Working Conditions for Waste Pickers in Sao Pãulo, Brazil
Ana Maria Maniero Moreira spent the last year at UMass Boston looking at recycling practices in Boston to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of two recycling collaboratives in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Dreams Deported: Immigrant Youth and Families Resist Deportation
Book tour of stories written by and about undocumented youth nationally and locally. There will be a panel discussion and video clips by the editor, contributing author, and DACA students.
- Mine Wars Documentary Based on Professor’s Book to Premiere on PBS
On Tuesday at 9 p.m., PBS stations around the country will premiere The Mine Wars.
- November 5 Declared “James Green Day” to Honor Retired Professor
Green’s many accomplishments include founding the Labor Studies program at UMass Boston and founding the Labor Resource Center.
- Undocumented & Unafraid
Join UMass Boston's Labor Resource Center for a conversation about the UCLA Labor Center publication that captures the voices of the Dream Act Movement.
- Labor in Brazil
The Labor Resource Center invites you to this discussion with Maira Neiva Gomes, a labor lawyer and leader from Brazil.