Tag: Labor Studies
- The Boston Labor Conference
Join the Labor Resource Center, Mass AFL-CIO and The Greater Boston Labor Council for "The State of Labor in Boston: Work, Inequality and the Future of the Labor Movement."
- New Labor Studies Program Director Discusses Human Rights, History of Solidarity with Latin America
The new director of UMass Boston’s Labor Studies Program and Labor Resource Center had one message he wanted audience members to take away from his first public lecture on campus: the labor studies major is open for business
- Gender Equality and Sustainable Development Goals
Upcoming talk by economist and sociologist Diane Elson looks at gender and sustainable development goals
- November 5 Declared “James Green Day” to Honor Retired Professor
Green’s many accomplishments include founding the Labor Studies program at UMass Boston and founding the Labor Resource Center.
- Labor Resource Center Moves to College of Liberal Arts; Undergraduate Labor Studies Program Revamped
After 30 years in the College of Public and Community Service, UMass Boston’s Labor Resource Center has moved to the university’s College of Liberal Arts.
- CPCS Alumnus Chris Hoeh Receives National Teaching Award
Teaching Tolerance and the Southern Poverty Law Center honor educators as social justice experts
- CPCS Alumni Reflect on Past, Look Ahead to Future
The College of Public and Community Service's alumni reception was a chance for Interim Dean Anna Madison to tell alumni about the college’s current offerings and future plans.
- Labor in Brazil
The Labor Resource Center invites you to this discussion with Maira Neiva Gomes, a labor lawyer and leader from Brazil.
- Mayor Menino to Declare Thursday College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston
Boston Mayor and College of Public and Community Service alumnus Thomas Menino will declare Thursday, April 26 College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston, the same day the college will host a showcase of its four undergraduate programs and master’s program in human services.
- CPCS Spring Showcase
The faculty, staff, and students of the College of Public and Community Service invite faculty to celebrate their 40th year.