- Native Student Athletes Strengthen Cultural Ties at UMass Boston
UMass Boston is home to a minor in Native American and indigenous studies and four minority research institutions, including the Institute for New England Native American Studies.
- 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Brings Home 8 Gold Medals
UMass Boston sophomore Hulerie McGuffie set a Little East Conference record with five gold medals at the LEC Outdoor Championship over the weekend.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Volleyball Player Runs in 2014 Boston Marathon
Senior volleyball player Christine DuPuis finished the Boston Marathon in 5:57:39 on Monday. It was her first marathon.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sophomore Sprinter Qualifies for Nationals
Sophomore sprinter Hulerie McGuffie will be representing UMass Boston at the indoor national championships this weekend. This is the first time UMass Boston has been represented at the indoor national championships in more than 20 years.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Lacrosse Opens Season with a Win
Sophomore lacrosse player Noah Ellis of Hingham scored four times to lead the UMass Boston Beacons (1-0) to a 12-3 season-opening rout of Johnson & Wales University on Saturday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 25-March 3)
Hockey Teams Close Out Season; Men’s Lacrosse Picks up First Win