- Wood Lecturer Emphasizes Need to Rectify Polarization in America to Rebuild Nation’s Soft Power
“I don’t think any of us here today go a day without concern or curiosity of where things will go from here and how the U.S. will use its power in the world,” said Reuben E. Brigety, II, Dean of the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University.
- Annual Slomoff Lectureship Features Rima Salah
Addressing the underlying causes of conflict with the same intentionality and effort as dealing with its effects was a common theme between the two speakers of the 2018 Sylvia and Benjamin Slomoff Lectureship in Conflict Resolution.
- Todd Pavlisko’s 2017 Visiting Artist Lecture on April 24th
Todd Pavlisko's Visiting Artist Lecture will be Monday afternoon, April 24 at 4 p.m.
- Colin Hunt to Speak at March 2017 Visiting Artist Lecture Series
The Art Department's Visiting Artist Lecture Series is proud to bring painter Colin Hunt to University Hall's 4th floor, Room 4160 on March 20 at 4 p.m.
- Rosamond Purcell to Speak at April 2017 Visiting Artist Lecture Series
The Art Department's Visiting Artist Lecture Series is proud to bring well-known photographer Rosamond Purcell to University Hall #4160 on April 10 at 4 p.m.
- Life in the Arts after UMass Boston
Two alumni from the Art Department, Yasmeen Abdallah and Charlie Crowell, will discuss their careers and work since leaving UMass Boston.
- Why Peace Is Possible: Exploring the Anatomy of Violence and War
Iraq Veteran Paul K. Chappell explores how peace is possible in today's violent world.
- Lessons from the 2015 Elections in Nigeria
Professor Attahiru Jega will review some of the key themes regarding how he tried to reform Nigeria’s notoriously corrupt election system.
- The Speech Act of Protest
A talk by Mathew Chrisman (Edinburgh) & Graham Hubbs (Idaho)
- Planning in the Face of Conflict: How Planners Improvise
The Urban Planning and Community Development Spring Planning Lecture
- Fall 2014 Gerontology Seminar Series: UMass Boston Internal Review Board
McCormack Graduate School faculty are invited to this guest lecture by Kristen Kenny.
- UMass Boston Hosts Stand Against Racism Event
Panel discussion draws over seventy researchers, faculty members, students, and community members from across the Boston area
- Spring 2012 Global Voices Reading Series
Readings featuring E.C. Osondu, Gail Mazur, Martha Collins, Charles Bock, and more