- Professor Crystal Schaaf Monitors Forest Health, Climate Change Impact at Harvard Forest
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf and her students in UMass Boston’s School for the Environment have teamed with Harvard Forest, Boston University, and researchers from around the world to develop new ways of measuring the biomass of trees.
- UMass Boston Scientist Receives Harvard University Bullard Fellowship to Study Threatened Hemlocks
Crystal Schaaf is a noted expert on remote sensing.
- Professor Schaaf Leads Royal Society Workshop on Terrestrial Laser Scanning Technology
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf is in the United Kingdom this week, for a workshop she co-convened for the Royal Society. The workshop was on Schaaf’s area of expertise – terrestrial laser scanning technology that sends out pulses of light and creates a 360-degree, 3D picture.
- UMass Boston Collaborates with International Space Station Research Project
School for the Environment Professor Crystal Schaaf is a collaborator on the GEDI Lidar project.
- UMass Boston Graduate Students Produce 3D Models of Protected Costa Rican Areas
UMass Boston's data collection will aid efforts to quantify and model the carbon storage capacity of the tropics.