- Feedback and Feed-Forward
The Center for Collaborative Leadership understands that executives lead busy lives. That is why we developed an Online Training Series. This academic year, we will focus on Appreciative Inquiry.
- College of Management Named Best for Vets a Second Time
UMass Boston’s College of Management has again been named to Military Times’s Best for Vets: Business Schools list.
- Keisler is First UMass Boston Prof to Be Named Distinguished Fulbright Chair
Professor of Management Systems Jeffrey Keisler has been awarded the prestigious Fulbright-Aalto University Distinguished Chair position for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- UMass Boston Professor Appointed Senior Editor of an Information Systems Journal
Pratyush Bharati, Associate Professor in the Management Science and Information Systems, has been appointed Senior Editor of an Information Systems Journal.
- Webinar: Seeing the Glass as Half-Full: Increasing Your Optimism at Work
Understand the benefits of optimism during this free webinar, sponsored by UMass Boston's Center for Collaborative Leadership.
- Proven Entrepreneur, UMass Boston Alumnus Heading Up Entrepreneurship Center
The 2006 New Hampshire Entrepreneur of the Year and founder of Cedar Point Communications and Bireme Systems, LLC, George Kassas brings to the university more than 30 years experience in the technology, telecom, communications, software applications, analytics, and government affairs sectors.
- Asset Management Series: Equity Markets, Risk Management, and Technical Analysis
The Financial Services Forum presents this event with Allen Hahn, principal at ADH Advisors.
- Social Media Day: Integrate Social Media Into Your Business Life
How can you use social media successfully without becoming consumed by it? How do you best balance effectiveness and efficiency? Get the answers at the Digital Media Lab's fifth social media day.
- Green Careers Forum 2015
Meet with employers about green jobs and internships in the Boston area.
- Fuel Cell Technology: Innovation Transforming Markets
Join the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness and learn how fuel cell technology might create business opportunities and reduce carbon emissions.
- Delegates from Italy Meet with UMass Boston Professor to Discuss Data Privacy and Protection
Delegates from Italy met with UMass Boston Professor Noushin Ashrafi to discuss her research.
- QS TopMBA Ranks UMass Boston’s MBA Program No. 41 in North America
UMass Boston's MBA program moved up seven spots from last year's TopMBA ranking.
- Seniors, Are You Ready to Start Your Career? Join Us on November 6 to Learn More
Learn about Launch Source's accelerated development program to qualify for careers in the exciting, lucrative world of sales and business.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 296 Business Schools: 2015 Edition”
The University of Massachusetts Boston's College of Management is recognized by the Princeton Review as one of the nation’s most outstanding business schools.
- UMass Boston Contract with the Massachusetts Cultural Council to Evaluate Impact
Associate Professor Pacey Foster received a contract to evaluate impact for the Adams Art Program at the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC).
- Social Media Night: How to Tell Your Story with Digital Media
Learn how to use videos, photos, and other tools to make your story more effective at UMass Boston's 1st Social Media Night.
- UMass Boston Announces Biogen Idec - SERC Fellowship
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness (SERC) at UMass Boston in partnership with Biogen Idec is pleased to announce the Biogen Idec-SERC Fellowship.
- Philip Puccia MBA ‘96 Addresses Class of 2014
Distinguished Alumnus of the College of Management, Philip Puccia, MBA Class of 1995, offered remarks at the CM Commencement Ceremony
- Updates from the College of Management Student Managed Fund
Learn about updates from the this year's graduate and undergraduate Student Managed Funds.
- UMass Boston Staffer to Explore Online Education Capabilities in Haiti
Alexandrine Policar, an application administrator and an adjunct faculty member in the College of Management, has received a Fulbright award to work with the State University of Haiti to research and develop an online education program.
- CM Awards the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award for Excellence in Teaching
The College of Management awarded the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award at commencement on May 30.
- Dean Jorge Haddock Hosts AACSB Webinar
Dean Jorge Haddock will host a AACSB Accreditation: Process and Procedures webinar.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Welcomes Dean Jorge Haddock
The College of Management is pleased to announce that Dr. Jorge Haddock has been appointed the dean of the College of Management.
- Overthink Notes Wins Best Student Startup in 4th Business Launch Competition
A software platform that allows students to take notes, collaborate, and prepare for exams more effectively was chosen as the best student startup in this year's annual Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Professor Organizes Research Forum in Bangalore, India
Pratyush Bharati, associate professor of management information systems at UMass Boston, co-organized a research forum in Bangalore, India
- UMass Boston SERC Center Contributes to Development of MA Clean Energy and Climate Score
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness (SERC) contributed to the development of the Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Scorecard.
- UMass Boston Grad Student Named Miss India USA
Lab technician and UMass Boston management student Mansee Sangani has another title to add to her résumé: she’s the new Miss India USA.
- Mogul, Mom & Maid: A Panel Discussion
Liz O’Donnell, author of Mogul, Mom & Maid: The Balancing Act of the Modern Woman, will speak at this Center for Collaborative Leadership event about choices women are making.
- 2nd Annual Building a Better Boston Award Ceremony
UMass Boston's Center for Collaborative Leadership will present Richard E. Holbrook, chairman and CEO of Eastern Bank, with the Building a Better Boston Award. Breakfast is included in the ticket.
- Massachusetts Business Development Center Guides 4th Straight MassChallenge Winner
RailPod is the fourth consecutive MSBDC client to win a cash award from the MassChallenge.
- UMass Boston MBA Ranked 48 in North America by TopMBA in the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report
The MBA program at UMass Boston was recently ranked 48 by the TopMBA QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013/2014.
- Advanced Data Analytics Session at the College of Management
CM students had the opportunity to participate in an advanced data analytics session hosted by Blake Daniels from Bloomberg.
- Launch your Sales and Marketing Career in the CLOUD
Join us for the “Sales and Marketing Careers in the CLOUD” Information Session and find more about exciting opportunities in sales and marketing and changes in the SaaS industry.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 295 Business Schools: 2014 Edition”
The College of Management at UMass Boston is recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the nation's best business schools.
- UMass Professor Receives 2013 Publication Award of the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society
Jeffrey Keisler, a professor in the Management Science and Information Systems Department, receives the 2013 Publication Award of the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society.
- UMass Boston Will Host National 2 to10 Leadership Conference
The Entrepreneurship Center at the College of Management will host the 2 to 10 Leadership Conference at UMass Boston in April 2014.
- Maureen Scully Appointed Interim Dean of UMass Boston’s College of Management
Maureen Scully, a widely known researcher on the role of business in addressing pressing societal issues, has been appointed interim dean of UMass Boston's College of Management.
- The College of Management Recognizes Philip L. Quaglieri
In his 15 years as dean of the College of Management, Philip Quaglieri has made a big impact.
- UMass Boston Earns $3M IGERT Grant to Study Natural and Human Systems in Urbanizing Environments
The University of Massachusetts Boston is launching a new graduate program to train the next generation of environmental problem-solvers, funded by a five-year, $3.1 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- UMass Boston Professor Receives Academy of Management Perspectives Impact Award
Stephan Manning, Assistant Professor of Management is awarded the Academy of Management Perspectives Impact Award 2008/2013
- UMass Boston Professor Organizes International Doctoral Consortium in Taiwan
Werner Kunz hosts 20th Annual ServSIG Doctoral Consortium in Taiwan
- Get Info on How You Can Get a Paid Internship
Join the Entrepreneurship Center for a StEP (Student Entrepreneurship Program) Information Session to learn about paid jobs available to you, meet the EC's new director, and learn about a new course.
- Noushin Ashrafi Selected for Fulbright Specialist Roster
UMass Boston Professor, Noushin Ashrafi, has recently been added to the Fulbright Specialist Roster.
- UMass Boston Welcomes New Director for Entrepreneurship Center
The College of Management welcomes David McFarlane as the new Director of the Entrepreneurship Center.
- JFK Winner Sam Chandler’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 45th Commencement
Read the speech and watch the video of College of Management graduate Sam Chandler's remarks on behalf of the Class of 2013.
- UMass Boston Students Visit the New York Stock Exchange
On May 16, CM students in the Student Managed Fund (SMF) visited the New York Stock Exchange.
- “Made” for Success: UMass Boston PhD Student Wins Business Launch Competition with Smartphone App
A smartphone app designed by a UMass Boston PhD student and an alumnus won the third annual Business Launch Competition on Tuesday, earning its creators $1,500 and space at the university’s Venture Development Center.
- College of Management Inducts Students into Beta Gamma Sigma
The College of Management inducts undergraduate and graduate students into its honor society, Beta Gamma Sigma.
- UMass Boston Student Alyssa Trinidad Among “29 Who Shine” in 2013
Alyssa Trinidad, a management major from Winthrop, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston to Launch Next Big Thing in Business
Six businesses run by UMass Boston students are hoping to join the ranks of eco-friendly surfboard company Green Lightning and picture-sharing social media firm Dpicd as winners of the Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- The Green Careers Forum
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness's forum will showcase the broad range of career opportunities related to sustainability, the environment and clean energy.
- College of Management Ranked Best for Vets
Military Times has recognized UMass Boston's College of Management as a top school for veterans.
- First Social Media Workshop for the Local Business Community at UMass Boston
UMass Boston hosted its first social media workshop for the local community.
- Management Students Develop Ideas for Promoting Arts, Businesses in Upham’s Corner
Undergraduate students have developed ideas for promoting the arts and bringing businesses to Dorchester's Upham's Corner neighborhood. The university's partnership with Upham's Corner Main Street is one of more than 300.
- UMass Boston Paves Way for Student Exchanges with Britain’s Plymouth University
Students in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s College of Management will soon have the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, thanks to a memorandum of understanding signed Friday between the college and Plymouth University’s Plymouth Business School.
- Emerging Leaders Offer Solutions to Businesses, Nonprofits
The 2012 fellows in the Center for Collaborative Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program focused on communications efforts for their community partners.
- Johnny Cupcakes Founder to Share Recipe for Success
UMass Boston's College of Management will host Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, on September 19, as he gives a free lecture on how he created a multimillion-dollar brand.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- College of Management Presents Johnny Cupcakes
Come hear Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, tell the story of how he turned a simple idea into a multimillion-dollar business using nontraditional methods.
- Accounting, Finance & Business Career Fair
Don't miss this opportunity to network with employers from all areas of business! Special thanks to our employer sponsors: Sherwin-Williams, Enterprise Holdings, and Newburg & Company, LLP!
- From Inequality to Sustainability: Talk & Reception - Featuring Guest Speaker Chuck Collins
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston invites you to celebrate its new Organizations & Social Change PhD Program.
- New Entrepreneurship Course at UMass Boston Provides Workforce Training
Because building a successful startup company requires more than just a good idea, the Entrepreneurship Center is offering a new sales and marketing class this fall.
- UMass Boston Receives $405,000 Software Donation from IDEA Academic Partnership
Accounting and Finance Students Get Hands-On Experience using Data Analytics Technology
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Visit UMass Boston’s College of Management at The Economist’s Which MBA? Online Fair
Are you interested in an MBA? Visit UMass Boston's College of Management at The Economist's Which MBA Online Fair to learn more about our programs.
- Delivering Results: Implementing Performance Management in Massachusetts
This conference will review how the commonwealth is using performance management to accomplish its goals.
- The College of Management Announces New PhD Program in Business Administration
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is pleased to announce the opening to the first track, Organizations and Social Change, of a new PhD program in Business Administration.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- UMass Boston Students Assist Girl Scouts Through Social Media
Students in the College of Management developed a social media strategy for the Girl Scouts organization in a Boston-wide social media competition.
- Changing the Face of Leadership
Emerging Leaders Program Black Tie Gala
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 294 Business Schools: 2012 Edition”
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is an outstanding business school, according to The Princeton Review.
- Accounting, Finance, and Business Career Fair
Professional dress required, bring copies of your resume. Sign up in advance under “Career Fairs & Events” on My Career Online.
- Professor Werner Kunz Receives Outstanding Paper Award
Assistant Professor of Marketing Werner Kunz’s 2010 MSQ article received the Emerald Literati Network's Outstanding Paper Award.
- Center for Collaborative Leadership Founding Director to Earn Achievement Award
The Boston Business Journal is honoring Sherry Penney with a lifetime achievement award at its Leaders in Diversity event.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- UMass Boston Professor’s Proposal Wins IBM Faculty Innovation Award
UMass Boston Professor of Management Science and Information Systems Noushin Ashrafi participated in a worldwide competition sponsored by IBM.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Maintains AACSB Accreditation
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston has maintained its accreditation from the Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business.