Tag: Marty Meehan
- Meehan Reaffirms Commitment to Affordability in State of the University Address
Vowing to preserve the university’s affordability mission while continuing to pursue excellence, UMass President Marty Meehan outlined five areas of focus to ensure a world-class UMass education remains affordable for students from all backgrounds in his annual State of the University address.
- UMass System Leaders Call for Action on DACA
University of Massachusetts President Marty Meehan and the chancellors of the five UMass campuses today issued a statement calling on Congress to find a permanent legislative solution to protect Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients.
- UMass Leaders Express Opposition to Federal Tax Reform Package
University of Massachusetts President Marty Meehan and the chancellors of the five UMass campuses today issued a statement opposing provisions of the federal “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” that they say will have a negative impact on UMass students and college students across the country.
- President Meehan Makes Case for UMass in Inaugural State of the University Address
Calling the University of Massachusetts the “lifeblood of the economy” in the state, President Marty Meehan outlined the benefit of the public research university in his inaugural State of the University address.
- UMass Boston Center for Collaborative Leadership Graduates 2016 Emerging Leaders Fellows
UMass Boston’s Center for Collaborative Leadership will celebrate the graduation of the 2016 Emerging Leaders fellows on June 10 at the Seaport Hotel.
- Marty Meehan Meets with UMass Boston Students to Launch UMass Presidency
New UMass President Marty Meehan officially launched his presidency Wednesday morning, holding a roundtable discussion with UMass Boston students in the Integrated Sciences Complex.