- Precarity, Protection and the Politics of African Urbanization
Part of the Conflict Resolution Colloquium Series. This event was made possible in part by the John Templeton Foundation
- International Relations Student Capstone Presentations
Join our international relations students as they present their capstones
- Study Finds Religious Activity Can Prevent, Curb Depression Among Older Adults
UMass Boston researchers find increased prayer, attendance at religious services have a positive impact on mental health.
- UMass Boston Professor Convenes Global Peace Conference in Nigeria to Assist Cities in Conflict
Padraig O’Malley, a UMass Boston professor who has helped broker peace in Northern Ireland and South Africa, facilitated the Forum for Cities in Transition conference in Kaduna, Nigeria last week.
- Federal Reserve Bank CEO to Speak on National Economic Outlook Nov. 4
Eric Rosengren, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, will speak at UMass Boston Monday, November 4, as part of the McCormack Leadership Series.
- UMass Boston Researchers Develop New Tool to Measure Elder Economics
"Poverty level" doesn't tell the whole story, so researchers have devised a new way to measure the income older Americans require to meet their needs.
- UMass Boston, Indonesian Doctors Working Together on Disaster Recovery Education
Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters makes pact with medical community
- U.S. Senator George Mitchell Delivers Annual Slomoff Lecture at UMass Boston
On April 24, United States Senator George Mitchell visited UMass Boston as the featured speaker for the annual Sylvia and Benjamin Slomoff Lecture.
- UMass Boston Hosts a National Forum on Civility and American Democracy
The McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies at the University of Massachusetts will host “Civility and American Democracy: A National Forum” on February 17, 2012.
- CSP Research Director Françoise Carré Invited to Join GESTES
Responsibilities to include academic review and advice for research projects and conferences
- The Civilian Response Corps: Using conflict prevention expertise to inform decision makers ...
Conflict Resolution Colloquium IV with Maria J. Stephan, PhD, interagency planner with the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations
- Policy Leaders Worldwide Converge to Resolve Post-disaster Issues of Social Vulnerability
The Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters is sponsoring an international conference November 17-18, 2011.
- McCormack Graduate School Recruitment Luncheon at State House
Learn about our graduate programs in conflict resolution, gerontology, public affairs, public policy and others.
- Elizabeth Warren Tells Students to Fight for Causes They Believe In
Elizabeth Warren shared her story of perseverance and opportunity with an audience of more than 700 at UMass Boston's Fall Convocation.
- Peacemaker Documentary Focuses on UMass Boston Professor
Filmmaker James Demo is telling the story of UMass Boston Professor and global peacemaker Padraig O'Malley.
- Chancellor Motley, Elizabeth Warren Speak at UMass Boston’s Fall Convocation
Chancellor Motley focuses on the theme of community; Elizabeth Warren shares her story of perseverance.
- Northern Ireland Hosts Second Annual Forum for Cities in Transition
The second annual Forum for Cities in Transition, established by UMass Boston professor Padraig O’Malley, is taking place in Northern Ireland.
- UMass Boston Study Takes In-Depth Look at Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts
A Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy report shows the number of nurse-midwife-attended births more than doubled between 1990 and 2008 in Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston to Establish New Center for Community Democracy and Democratic Literacy
The new Center for Community Democracy and Democratic Literacy will be located in the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies Undergoes Name Change
The John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies has changed its name to the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- UMass Boston Launches the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security
UMass Boston's new Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will work toward addressing the challenges of climate change, altered coastal oceans, and security needs.
- Collins Center Offers Professional Development Course for Managers
A six-module online course in performance management will be offered for the first time in March 2010.
- A Piece of Boston’s Maritime History Comes to UMass Boston
Relatives and friends of the late Robert Woodbury gathered for the unveiling of The Great Republic, an oil painting his family bestowed on the university.
- We Stand With You
The bonds that formed between representatives of four divided cities at a UMass Boston conference are being strengthened.