Tag: Men's Hockey
- Beacon Makes History: Larkin ‘18 Becomes First Hockey Player to Sign with NHL Team
Colin Larkin signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Edmonton Oilers and an amateur tryout contract with the Oilers’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Bakersfield Condors, on Monday.
- Native Student Athletes Strengthen Cultural Ties at UMass Boston
UMass Boston is home to a minor in Native American and indigenous studies and four minority research institutions, including the Institute for New England Native American Studies.
- Donations for Men’s Hockey Games Friday & Saturday to Benefit Boys & Girls Clubs
Admission to men's hockey Friday and Saturday is by donations. All proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester.
- UMass Boston Community Sends Men’s Hockey Off to the NCAA Frozen Four
UMass Boston students, staff, and faculty sent the UMass Boston men's hockey team off to Lake Placid with a pep rally on Wednesday morning.
- Historic Season Continues: Men’s Hockey to Play in NCAA Frozen Four on Friday
The men's hockey team is headed to the program's first NCAA Frozen Four. They are the first program in UMass Boston history to reach the Final Four in any sport, and they’ll be on ice with some history of its own.
- Men’s Hockey Wins First Title Since 1982; Conference Tourney Starts Saturday
The UMass Boston’s men’s hockey team won their first regular season conference title since 1982 on Saturday, securing home ice advantage throughout the New England Hockey Conference Tournament.
- No. 5 Men’s Hockey Sees Highest-Ever Ranking in Two National Polls
The Beacons are No. 5 in both the D3Hockey.com Top 15 Poll and the USCHO.com Division III Poll.
- Men’s Hockey Receives First NCAA Statistical Champion Plaque
The 2013-14 men's and women's track and field teams and the 2014-15 men's hockey team were honored for their past accomplishments on Monday
- Men’s Hockey Team Sets Program Record With No. 5 Ranking in National Poll
On Monday, the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s hockey team received their highest-ever national ranking. The Beacons are No. 5 in the USCHO.com poll, up one spot from last week.