- Undergrads Gain Valuable Gerontology Research Experience at McCormack Grad School
Two science majors are mentored during summer research project at Gerontology Institute.
- $2.5M Justice Dept. Grant Will Fund Development of Mentoring for Children of Incarcerated Parents
UMass Boston psychology professor Jean Rhodes received a grant to increase mentor effectiveness for 2 million children with parents in jail, prison, or on parole.
- UMass Boston Research Highlights Value of Youth-Initiated Mentoring
Jean Rhodes Investigates National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program
- Counseling Professor Sharon Horne Wins Award for Inspiring Students
Sharon Horne, an associate professor of counseling and school psychology, says mentoring students is the best part of her job. Now she has been recognized as the 2012 winner of the Elizabeth Hurlock Beckman Award.
- UMass Boston Professors, Staff Honored for Mentorship
New annual mentoring awards are named for Professor Joan Liem, a 40-year faculty member.
- UMass Boston and City of Boston Unveil “Mentoring Matters” Billboards in Neighborhoods
UMass Boston wants to encourage residents and local businesses to realize the importance of mentoring youth in their communities.