Tag: Moakley Chair
- UMass Boston Professor Reflects on Collaboration with Nelson Mandela
In 1993, Nelson Mandela agreed to co-host a conference with the McCormack Graduate School, which led to the meeting of 16 leading peace agreement negotiators from the major parties in Northern Ireland in 1997.
- UMass Boston Peacemaker Plans First Youth Peace Conference in Mitrovica
McCormack Grad School's Padraig O'Malley brings together youth from divided cities for peace conference.
- Launch of the New Online New England Journal of Public Policy
Originally launched in 1985, today the New England Journal of Public Policy is published as an open source, online publication.
- Promoting Peace: A Q&A Session with Forum for Cities in Transition Staff Members
Learn more about the forum's creation, history, successes and challenges, and highlights of the recent FCT event in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- UMass Boston Hosts Peace Delegates from Divided Cities in Kirkuk, Iraq
McCormack Grad School's Peacebroker Padraig O'Malley hosts 2012 Forum for Cities in Transition in Iraq
- UMass Boston Peace Initiative Issues International Report
Bridging the Gap chronicles the momentum of 12 cities in transition from conflict to lasting peace
- Moakley Chair Seeking Research Assistants on Israel, Palestine
The John Joseph Moakley Chair for Peace and Reconciliation is looking for summer and fall interns to assist with research, project support, and administrative duties.
- Northern Ireland Hosts Second Annual Forum for Cities in Transition
The second annual Forum for Cities in Transition, established by UMass Boston professor Padraig O’Malley, is taking place in Northern Ireland.