- Film Screening: Resistance at Tule Lake (2017)
Screening of the new documentary Resistance at Tule Lake (2017) followed by Q&A with director Konrad Aderer. Co-sponsored by the UMass Boston Cinema Studies Program.
- UMass Boston Film Series: Before You Know It
One of the films of the 11th Annual Independent Film Festival Boston, PJ Raval's Before You Know It, will be screened at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Film Series: China Heavyweight
A Chinese Master boxing coach recruits poor rural teenagers. The boxers must choose to fight for their nation or themselves. A Q&A with the director follows this free screening.
- UMass Boston Film Series: Where Heaven Meets Hell
Boston Premiere: Where Heaven Meets Hell follows 4 of the nearly 500 sulfur miners working at an active volcano in Indonesia. A Q&A with director Sasha Friedlander follows the free screening.
- UMass Boston Film Series: Lemon
Boston Premiere: Lemon follows three-time felon turned poet and Tony Award winner Lemon Andersen as he takes his street smarts to the stage with astounding success. A Q&A follows this free screening.
- UMass Boston Film Series: Stevie
Director Steve James (Hoop Dreams) will take part in a Q&A following a free screening of his film about a troubled young boy he had been an ‘Advocate Big Brother’ to ten years earlier.
- UMass Boston Film Series: The World Before Her
Boston Premiere: The World Before Her delivers a portrait of India juxtaposing the Miss India pageant with a militant Hindu fundamentalist camp for young girls. A Q&A with the director follows.
- UMass Boston Film Series: Detropia
As we learn in Detropia, as artists and curious outsiders flock to Detroit in search of inspiration and opportunity, lifelong Detroiters are at the breaking point. A Q&A follows the screening.
- Celebrate America Recycles Week at UMass Boston: November 14
Help prevent pollution and support sustainable initiatives at UMass Boston this America: Participate in our e-waste collection drive
- Special Film Screening of Meherjaan
Join us for a film and a discussion with the film's director, Rubaiyat Hossain.