- ZhongPing Lee Sheds Light on the Health of Our Planet
Studying the vast and constantly changing oceans, even with the aid of satellites, presents some major challenges.
- UMass Boston Collaborates with International Space Station Research Project
School for the Environment Professor Crystal Schaaf is a collaborator on the GEDI Lidar project.
- Physics Professor and VDC Company Receive Small Business Innovation Research Grant from NASA
Chandra Yelleswarapu, professor of physics at UMass Boston, will be working with East West Enterprises to develop a specialized microscope that could be used on the International Space Station.
- EEOS Professor Contributes to NASA Weather Satellite Launch with Earth Observing Instrument Aboard
Professor Crystal Schaaf is a member of the scientific team evaluating the imagery products from NASA's weather satellite for quality.
- NASA Weather Satellite Set to Launch Friday With EEOS Prof. Schaaf’s Research Instrument Aboard
Crystal Schaaf is on her way to Vandenberg AFB to watch the launch of the next-generation NPP weather satellite, which is carrying an instrument she will be using for research.
- EEOS Professor Crystal Schaaf Part of NASA Climate-Change Research Mission
NASA's Cloud Airborne Radiometer recently flew over Bartlett Forest, NH, to acquire data in support of Crystal Schaaf's work.