Tag: Native American Studies
- Massachusetts Native Peoples Working Groups
Join the ongoing discussion about responding to challenges facing the Native population in Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston Begins Native American Early Childhood Education Scholars Program
The University of Massachusetts Boston is working with regional tribes to increase the number of highly qualified Native American early childhood educators and intervention specialists serving Native children.
- Paradoxes of American Indian Race and Rights: From Pocahontas to Baby Veronica
Professor Bethany Berger will address indigenous peoples’ challenges to dominant ideas of “race,” belonging, and citizenship in the U.S.
- UMass Boston to Cohost 2012 Meeting of the Native American and Indigenous Studies Association
The University of Massachusetts Boston is cohosting the 2012 Native American and Indigenous Studies Association (NAISA) annual meeting through June 6 at the Mohegan Sun Convention Center in Uncasville, Connecticut.
- UMass Boston to Host Native American Film Festival
Associate Professor of Anthropology Amy Den Ouden, the Anthropology Department, and other campus groups have organized a Native American Film Festival that takes a different look at the legacy of Columbus Day.
- UMass Boston will Manage New Mashpee Wampanoag Native Tribal Scholars Program
The U.S. Department of Education has awarded the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe $1.2 million to fund a pre-college initiative in Massachusetts.