- Beacons Baseball Wins NCAA Regional, Heads to College World Series
After trading the lead multiple times, UMass Boston's baseball team beat the Babson College Beavers 11-8 Sunday to win the NCAA Division III Baseball New England Regional Championship. The Beacons now advance to the College World Series, which begins this Friday in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- LEC Champion Beacons to Face Penn State Berks in NCAA Baseball Tourney
UMass Boston’s baseball team is back in the NCAA Tournament after winning their second Little East Conference Tournament on Saturday. The No. 2 Beacons beat the No. 3 UMass Dartmouth Corsairs 8-6 in the tournament final.
- Big Weekend for Beacons Athletics Includes Two Titles and D3 Record
It was a big weekend for Beacons Athletics, as two teams won their conference titles and a freshman track star set a Division III record.
- UMass Boston Freshman Runs Away with National Title
This weekend in Naperville, Illinois, Little East Indoor Rookie Field and Track Athlete of the Year Wadeline Jonathas secured her first national title in the 400-meter dash with a time of 55.60.
- 3 Beacons to Compete for National NCAA Titles
Three Beacons are competing at the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championship Meet at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa this week.
- Missing Commencement for Track & Field Championship, National Champion Dons Cap and Gown Early
Senior Hulerie McGuffie will be representing the Beacons one last time in both the 200- and 400-meter dash at the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championship Meet, so she'll be missing commencement. On Monday, she had a chance to don her cap and gown early.
- UMass Boston Community Sends Men’s Hockey Off to the NCAA Frozen Four
UMass Boston students, staff, and faculty sent the UMass Boston men's hockey team off to Lake Placid with a pep rally on Wednesday morning.
- Historic Season Continues: Men’s Hockey to Play in NCAA Frozen Four on Friday
The men's hockey team is headed to the program's first NCAA Frozen Four. They are the first program in UMass Boston history to reach the Final Four in any sport, and they’ll be on ice with some history of its own.
- Men’s Hockey Advances to NCAA Quarterfinals
The Beacons won their first-ever NCAA Division III tournament game over the weekend. They knocked off the defending champions, the Trinity College Bantams, with a 4-0 shutout victory.
- Making History: Men’s and Women’s Hockey Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament for First Time
Following a record-breaking weekend, UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s hockey teams learned Monday which opponents they’ll face in their first-ever appearances in the NCAA tournament.
- UMass Boston Men’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament
Both the men's soccer and the volleyball team won Little East Conference championship games on Saturday, ensuring automatic NCAA tournament bids.
- Men’s Hockey Receives First NCAA Statistical Champion Plaque
The 2013-14 men's and women's track and field teams and the 2014-15 men's hockey team were honored for their past accomplishments on Monday
- Men’s Soccer Team Receives Championship Rings
The men’s soccer team received their Little East Conference championship rings in a special ceremony on Wednesday.
- Men’s Soccer Team Advances to First NCAA Tournament
The UMass Boston men’s soccer team will travel to Dudley, Massachusetts to face Nichols College on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the first round of the Division III NCAA tournament.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s Soccer Wins First Regular Season Conference Title; Volleyball 6th
The men’s soccer team won its first regular season Little East Conference title on Sunday, the volleyball team has won its sixth consecutive conference title on Tuesday, and the women’s soccer team could earn a conference title on Saturday.
- Men’s Tennis, Track Athletes Receive Championship Rings
On Thursday, the 2013 men’s tennis team and the indoor and outdoor track individual and relay winners received their Little East Conference championship rings.
- Six Beacons Qualify for NCAA Track Championship
For the first time in almost 30 years, a group of University of Massachusetts Boston athletes will compete in the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field National Championship meet.
- Soccer, Volleyball Teams Receive Championship Rings
The women’s volleyball team, winners of their fourth straight Little East Conference regular season and tournament titles, had some company at the championship ring ceremony on Monday -- the women's soccer team.
- Who Will Win March Madness? UMass Boston Alumnus Andrew Clark Can Probably Tell You
Clark '09 has picked five of the last eight Final Four champions, and his book offers tips on how to ace your NCAA bracket
- Beacons Hockey Team Ranked in National Poll
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team is off to a fast start, and their 7-2-1 record has earned them some national attention. The team is ranked No. 14 in Monday's D3Hockey.com poll.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Wins NCAA Regional; Advances to Elite Eight
UMass Boston Spikers Make NCAA Quarterfinals; Women's Soccer Falls to Ithaca College
- Freshman High Jumper to Represent UMass Boston at National NCAA Meet
High jumper Carl Joseph will represent UMass Boston Friday at the 2012 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Claremont, California.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2011 Championship Rings
For the third year in a row, the University of Massachusetts Boston women's volleyball team received championship rings for its efforts.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team Wins Third Little East Championship
UMass Boston's women’s volleyball team will face Polytechnic Institute of New York University in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2010 Championship Rings
The UMass Boston women's volleyball team capped off their best season in university history at their 2010 championship ring ceremony.
- UMass Boston Women’s Volleyball Captures Second Consecutive LEC Championship
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team defeated Keene State College, 3-1, to capture the 2010 Little East Conference Championship.
- UMass Boston Beacons Baseball Team Receives Championship Rings
The UMass Boston Beacons baseball team capped off their team's best season in university history when they received their championship rings.