- Nigerian Military Attend McCormack School Peace Building, Interfaith Dialogue Workshop
CPDD hosted a two-day workshop on religion, peacebuilding, and conflict resolution for senior Nigerian military leaders.
- Nigerian Bishop to Speak on Religious Conflict and Dialogue
Bishop Kukah will speak about religious conflicts in Nigeria. Please join us for this rare opportunity to meet one of Nigeria’s leading peacemakers!
- Nigerian Presidential Election Observer Darren Kew Comments on Historic Outcome
Darren Kew, executive director of UMass Boston’s Center for Peace, Democracy, and Development, was in Nigeria serving as an observer for the Nigerian presidential election.
- UMass Boston’s Darren Kew in Nigeria as Presidential Election Observer
Darren Kew, executive director of the Center for Peace, Democracy, and Development, is in Nigeria this week to monitor the March 28 presidential election.
- International Workshop On Preventing Electoral Violence
A specialized training course for mediators from faith based organizations and peace practitioners
- Retired Nigerian General Advises CPDD on Conflicts in His Homeland
Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, PhD, a retired general who as chief of army staff (2008-10) led the Nigerian army, works with faculty and graduate students at McCormack Graduate School’s Center for Peace, Democracy, and Development (CPDD) in his role as a visiting senior fellow.
- UMass Boston’s Nigeria Expert Weighs in on Boko Haram Kidnappings
Darren Kew, executive director of UMass Boston's Center for Peace, Democracy, and Development, is emerging as a leading national expert on the Boko Haram kidnappings in Nigeria.
- Kew Delivers Keynote at 50th Anniversary Celebration of Chinua Achebe’s Novel, Arrow of God
Darren Kew, a professor of conflict resolution, will speak in Nigeria on building democracy.
- Nigerian Lawyers and Justices Come to UMass Boston to Explore Concepts of Restorative Justice
Eighteen lawyers and justices in Nigeria spent 10 days at UMass Boston and other locations in Massachusetts learning about restorative justice.