- Community Partners to be Recognized at 4th Partnership Symposium
UMass Boston will showcase the bonds between the university and its more than 1,700 community partners at Wednesday’s 4th Annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.
- 4th Annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium
UMass Boston received three awards recognizing community engagement this year. University and community partners are invited to come to this partner appreciation celebration and poster reception.
- Students Integral to UMass Boston Partnership Development, Expansion
With more than 900 community partnerships documented in 2014, it’s clear faculty, staff, and students are making the university’s civic engagement mission a priority.
- UMass Boston To Build on Partnerships at 3rd Annual Symposium
This year’s event includes a poster session representing more than 90 partners, a plenary session analyzing UMass Boston's partnerships, and breakout sessions.
- Real ‘Law & Order’ Gives Insight to UMass Boston Students Pursuing Law Enforcement, Legal Careers
The Massachusetts Appeals Court was in session last month in UMass Boston’s Campus Center Ballroom. The appeals court holds about a half dozen sessions outside of John Adams Courthouse in Boston each year, which the justices affectionately refer to as “road shows.”
- Conversations Between Communities: UMass Boston Archaeology for/with the Nipmuc and Eastern Pequot
The Institute for New England Native American Studies cosponsors this panel discussion and a month long photography and artifact exhibit in UMass Boston's Healey Library.
- Massachusetts Appeals Court to Return to UMass Boston Oct. 18
The Massachusetts Appeals Court returns to the University of Massachusetts Boston on Friday, October 18 to hear criminal and civil cases.
- MA Appeals Court Sitting at UMass Boston
Come hear a case and experience the judicial process firsthand!
- Faculty, Staff Encouraged to Learn About, Strengthen Partnerships
On Thursday, April 5, faculty and staff members will have a chance to share their involvement with community partnerships as part of the first annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.
- Defendants, Prosecutors Get Day in Court at UMass Boston
UMass Boston’s Healey Library was transformed into a courtroom March 5, when the Massachusetts Appeals Court held session there.
- UMass Boston Hosts Massachusetts Court of Appeals
The Massachusetts Court of Appeals will hear five cases March 5 on the UMass Boston campus on topics ranging from an officer’s frisking of a defendant to a question over Miranda rights to accidental disability retirement benefits.
- 2012 Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium
The symposium will offer professional development workshops as well as showcase the efforts and achievements of UMass Boston faculty and staff.