- 2016 Oxfam Hunger Banquet
This is an interactive experience for students to see what it's like to be part of a different social class, and the effects that has on how you get your daily meal.
- UMass Boston Hockey Players Continue Tradition of Reading to Children
This was the eighth year UMass Boston's men's hockey team has volunteered on Jumpstart's Read for the Record day.
- UMass Boston Sophomore Named One of Top Student Leaders in Country
Sophomore psychology major Joel Colon is one of 218 student leaders nationwide to receive the 2016 Campus Compact Newman Civic Fellows Award.
- Spring Day of Service 2016
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited join OSCLE for the Spring Day of Service on Saturday, April 30! Serve with community organizations across the greater Boston area.
- World Café: Poverty, Violence, and Community
UMass Boston’s Breaking the Cycle of Violence Initiative and the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement is hosting our 3rd and The final World Café dialogue for this academic year, titled "Poverty, Violence, and Community " will be hel
- Nominate Students for 2016 Beacon Leadership Awards
Nominations are being accepted through March 4 for the annual Beacon Leadership Awards, which will be given out on Tuesday, May 3 at 5 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- Campus Conversations Presents: Underwater Dreams
Join the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement for a screening of the documentary Underwater Dreams and a conversation about undocumented students in the U.S.
- World Cafe: Militarism, Violence, and Community
UMass Boston’s Breaking the Cycle of Violence Initiative and the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement is hosting a World Café dialogue titled “Militarism, Violence, and Community."
- 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference
The 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference will focus on the history of social movements and activism, and application in current contexts.
- National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week 2015: Gift a Blanket and Pack Grocery Bags
Make blankets for homeless families (from 11 to 1 on the Campus Center Terrace) and pack Thanksgiving grocery bags for low-income families (from 3:30 to 5 on the second floor of the Campus Center.)
- World Café
UMass Boston’s Breaking the Cycle of Violence Initiative and the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement is hosting a World Café dialogue titled “Racism, Violence, and Community Youth."
- Safe Zone Training
In this training you will learn how to create effective LGBTQ awareness and how to be an ally within the LGBTQ community. To sign up, go to umb.edu/oslce.
- Campus Conversations: Race in America
Engage in a conversation about the critical issue of race in America. Hear from a diverse panel and discuss with your peers how this reemerging movement influences our daily lives.
- Spring Day of Service 2015
Join us to make a difference in your neighborhood. Breakfast, lunch, and T-shirt provided!
- AmeriCorps Opportunities Fair
Join the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement and Career Services and Internships to learn about full and part-time opportunities through AmeriCorps.
- Social Justice Conference
Join us on Saturday, February 21 for conference sponsored by Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement and McCormack Graduate School.
- 2014 Fall Day of Service
Want to get involved and make a difference on campus and within the community? Join ProjectServe for the annual Fall Day of Service. Register by October 23.
- Latino Leadership Initiative Prepares UMass Boston Students for Expanded Roles
Three members of the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Class of 2015 spent part of this summer strengthening their leadership skills at the fifth annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- ProjectServe’s Day of Service
ProjectServe is looking to get students involved in community service.
- Project Serve Volunteer Opportunity: Plan for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Join Project Serve, part of UMass Boston's Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, and prep for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
- Public Speaking Workshop
Learn the "do's" and "do nots" of public speaking in a fun, interactive workshop.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 11
Learn about community engagement opportunities on campus, watch the Beacons volleyball team defend their conference title, and see magicians Nate Staniforth and Derek Hughes perform.
- “Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty” Conference
Join us for this event cosponsored by the McCormack Graduate School's Center for Social Policy, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement.
- Trip to Ecuador Provides Teaching Opportunity for UMass Boston Students
A dozen UMass Boston students spent the beginning of their summer break volunteering at an orphanage in Quito, Ecuador.
- Conflict Resolution Student Jillian Furman Earns Student Leadership Award
Master's degree candidate earns Beacon Leadership Award
- Students, Community Come Together for Day of Service
About 80 University of Massachusetts Boston students, faculty, staff, and community members joined Project Serve Saturday, April 21, for the annual Spring Into Action: Day of Service.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Cultural Mythbusters
Is our impression of cultural oppression accurate? Listen to first-hand experiences followed by facilitated discussion. The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring this event.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Motherhood: A Balancing Act
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a facilitated discussion aimed at de-stigmatizing motherhood on the college campus.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women’s Leadership Symposium
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a symposium featuring speakers discussing women and empowerment.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women & Media
The Women's Leadership Initiative, part of the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, is sponsoring a screening of the documentary Miss Representation.
- National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week: November 15
UMass Boston is hosting multiple events throughout the week as part of a nationwide effort to bring greater awareness to the problems of hunger and homelessness.