Tag: Padraig O'malley
- UMass Boston’s International Peace Conference Releases List of Four Dozen Pledges
Moakley Chair for Peace and Reconciliation Padraig O'Malley announces post-conference pledges from divided cities.
- UMass Boston Hosts Global Peace Conference in Belfast, Northern Ireland
McCormack Graduate School’s Padraig O’Malley leads the annual Forum for Cities in Transition.
- UMass Boston Celebrates Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Creativity at Recent Luncheon
Vice Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies hosts 270 at Campus Center event.
- Looking Back 20 Years: UMass Boston Honors South African Peacemakers
In 1993, Padraig O’Malley spearheaded the plan to bring Cyril Ramaphosa and Roelf Meyer to UMass Boston for honorary degrees.
- UMass Boston Professor Reflects on Collaboration with Nelson Mandela
In 1993, Nelson Mandela agreed to co-host a conference with the McCormack Graduate School, which led to the meeting of 16 leading peace agreement negotiators from the major parties in Northern Ireland in 1997.
- UMass Boston Professor Convenes Global Peace Conference in Nigeria to Assist Cities in Conflict
Padraig O’Malley, a UMass Boston professor who has helped broker peace in Northern Ireland and South Africa, facilitated the Forum for Cities in Transition conference in Kaduna, Nigeria last week.
- UMass Boston Peacemaker Plans First Youth Peace Conference in Mitrovica
McCormack Grad School's Padraig O'Malley brings together youth from divided cities for peace conference.
- McCormack Grad School Nominates Iraqi Peacemaker for UMass Boston Chancellor’s Medal
Aari Najmuldeen Mohammed Jabari Honored for Peacemaking Efforts in Iraq
- UMass Boston Played Pivotal Role in UN Arms Treaty Process
McCormack Grad School peacemaker led informal September 2010 meeting in Boston to spark momentum and provide a space for open talks.
- UMass Boston Re-launches New England Journal of Public Policy as Online Publication
McCormack Graduate School will hold a celebratory launch event on March 28.
- Launch of the New Online New England Journal of Public Policy
Originally launched in 1985, today the New England Journal of Public Policy is published as an open source, online publication.
- Promoting Peace: A Q&A Session with Forum for Cities in Transition Staff Members
Learn more about the forum's creation, history, successes and challenges, and highlights of the recent FCT event in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- UMass Boston Hosts Peace Delegates from Divided Cities in Kirkuk, Iraq
McCormack Grad School's Peacebroker Padraig O'Malley hosts 2012 Forum for Cities in Transition in Iraq
- UMass Boston Peace Initiative Issues International Report
Bridging the Gap chronicles the momentum of 12 cities in transition from conflict to lasting peace
- Peacemaker Documentary Focuses on UMass Boston Professor
Filmmaker James Demo is telling the story of UMass Boston Professor and global peacemaker Padraig O'Malley.
- Northern Ireland Hosts Second Annual Forum for Cities in Transition
The second annual Forum for Cities in Transition, established by UMass Boston professor Padraig O’Malley, is taking place in Northern Ireland.
- We Stand With You
The bonds that formed between representatives of four divided cities at a UMass Boston conference are being strengthened.