- ADA Compliance Changes
Public Safety has increased enforcement to support drop off/pick up areas, fines will increase in January for parking in handicap spots, and more spaces have been added for handicapped placard parking.
- Lots A and C to Close; Bianculli Road Work to Begin
Beginning at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, September 23, parking lots A and C will close permanently to enable the Utility Corridor and Roadway Relocation project to move forward.
- Construction Milestones, Challenges this Fall
Although there will be much progress to celebrate in the coming months, the fall semester will also bring significant challenges as the work to enhance the UMass Boston campus with new facilities that will make it an even better place to learn, teach, and work continues.
- Bypass Roadway and Sidewalk to Campus Center Garage Open
A temporary bypass roadway and sidewalk to the Campus Center garage, loading dock, and atrium entrance have opened.
- Two-way Traffic Ahead
University Drive South, which runs alongside Savin Hill Cove, will close to traffic in early summer, for more than a year, for utility and roadway construction. The South Lot and Lot A will close in early summer.
- Parking Lot C Reopens as Utility Work Continues
Crews will return to Lot C for additional work this summer
- Welcome Back: Construction Update and Travel Tips for the Spring Semester
The winter session has been a busy one for construction on campus; students, faculty, staff, and visitors are urged to allow extra time when traveling to campus, particularly during the first few weeks of the spring semester.
- University Drive East Lane Switches
Starting Thursday, January 23, vehicles will be directed to use the left lane of University Drive East for a 370-foot stretch along the General Academic Building No. 1 building site.
- Lot D Closed for One Week Only
Parking Lot D will be closed starting Monday, January 20. It will reopen on the first day of the semester, Monday, January 27.
- University Drive East Will Change to 1 Lane After Campus Center
Starting the weekend of December 7, University Drive East will become one lane only for a 370-foot stretch along the General Academic Building No. 1 building site, between the Campus Center and the Massachusetts State Archives building.
- Lot A Entrance Shifts
The entrance to Parking Lot A will shift approximately 75 feet toward University Drive starting this weekend.
- Changes Expected Next Week on University Drive South, in Lot C, and Near South Lot
Starting Sept. 23, Lot C will lose up to 60 spaces as part of the Utility Corridor and Roadway Relocation (UCRR) project. The South Lot will also lose a small section of spaces.
- How Will Campus Construction Affect Your Commute?
UMass Boston is committed to creating a convenient and simple commute for the 16,000 students who will return to school Tuesday.
- MBTA Bus Stop Relocated, Short-term Lot to Close
The MBTA bus stop will be relocated to the Campus Center circle on August 26. The Short-term Parking Lot will be closed on September 3.
- Campus Center Garage Closes for Summer on June 3
The Campus Center garage will close for the summer on June 3 in order for General Academic Building No. 1 crews to build a retaining wall between the garage and the site.
- Bayside Parking to Close for Summer and Other Roadway/Parking News
The UMass Boston Bayside Parking Lot will close for summer sessions on May 25. Also, the Saturday detours planned for the rest of the month have been cancelled.
- Get an Update on UMass Boston Campus Construction
The UMass Boston community is invited to enjoy ice cream and hear the latest on upcoming campus construction projects on May 14, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- University Drive Detour Begins Thursday, April 25
University Drive North between the General Academic Building No. 1 construction site and the Massachusetts State Archives will be closed from April 25 through April 27 and on Saturdays May 4 through June 1.
- UMass Boston Bayside Lot Opens For Full-Time Weekday Parking
Free shuttles will run from the UMass Boston Bayside Lot, located at 200 Mt. Vernon St., weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- North Lot Closing for General Academic Building No. 1 Construction
The North Parking Lot, adjacent to the Campus Center, will close permanently prior to the beginning of spring semester on January 28, 2013, to prepare for construction of General Academic Building No. 1.
- One-Day Soil Testing to Close North Lot Saturday
Borings for soil testing for General Academic Building No. 1 will cause a one-day closure of the North Lot on Saturday, December 1, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- New Transportation Services Coming and Construction Happenings
As UMass Boston students settle in for the start of the fall semester, they will notice some of the exciting changes going on around campus.
- Bayside Parking to Open Mornings for Semester Start
The former Bayside Exposition site be open for parking beginning January 23, 2012. A free, dedicated shuttle, the Route 3 bus, will take students and staff to the Campus Center.
- Road, Parking Changes
The Quinn roadway will be reduced to one lane for about two weeks while crews dig a trench for utilities. There will be more than 100 fewer parking spaces in Lot A beginning October 17, 2011.