- $8.3 Million Awarded to UMass Boston and University of Wisconsin for Urology Research
Jill Macoska and colleagues at the University of Wisconsin Madison will investigate causes of urological disease.
- Teachers Graduate from UMass Boston, Ready to Make a Difference in Pacific Islands
Among the nearly 4,000 students who earned diplomas from UMass Boston on Friday, eight have had a particularly long journey. These new graduates are teachers from American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), and the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.
- Education Advocate Jonathan Kozol Talks Preschool, Standardized Testing
Teacher-turned-author Jonathan Kozol's free talk was part of a half-day celebration of the College of Education and Human Development’s first 35 years as part of the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Promoting Partnership: UMass Boston and Addis Ababa University Continue to Collaborate
Partners sign memorandum of agreement to jointly participate on NSF grant on Coasts and Communities
- Students Integral to UMass Boston Partnership Development, Expansion
With more than 900 community partnerships documented in 2014, it’s clear faculty, staff, and students are making the university’s civic engagement mission a priority.
- UMass Boston To Build on Partnerships at 3rd Annual Symposium
This year’s event includes a poster session representing more than 90 partners, a plenary session analyzing UMass Boston's partnerships, and breakout sessions.
- UMass Boston Marks St. Patrick’s Day with New Partnership with the University of Limerick
UMass Boston and the University of Limerick celebrated St. Patrick's Day by signing a memorandum of understanding, formally launching a strategic partnership between the two universities.
- UMass Boston to Finalize Partnership with University of Limerick on St. Patrick’s Day
The University of Massachusetts Boston and the University of Limerick will sign a memorandum of understanding on St. Patrick’s Day to formally launch collaborative programs between the two universities.
- UMass Boston Minute: Archaeology at the Eastern Pequot Reservation
Steve Silliman, professor of anthropology at UMass Boston, talks about the archaeology field school for UMass Boston and the Eastern Pequot Tribal Nation.
- Faculty, Staff Encouraged to Learn About, Strengthen Partnerships
On Thursday, April 5, faculty and staff members will have a chance to share their involvement with community partnerships as part of the first annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.
- 2012 Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium
The symposium will offer professional development workshops as well as showcase the efforts and achievements of UMass Boston faculty and staff.