- UMass Boston Welcomed Amazon to Campus for 3-Day Recruiting Event
As part of its continuing mission to prepare students for successful and rewarding careers, the University of Massachusetts Boston has joined forces with Amazon to recruit talented students, graduates and alumni for the company’s rapidly growing Alexa Data Services team in Boston.
- AIM, UMass Boston Establish Scholarship Fund for Management Students
The University of Massachusetts Boston and Associated Industries of Massachusetts, Inc. (AIM) have signed a memorandum of understanding establishing a new scholarship to assist the university in educating the next century of business leaders in the commonwealth.
- UMass Boston Community Shares Partnership Opportunities with Boston’s Chief Resilience Officer
As she develops a resiliency strategy for the City of Boston, Chief Resilience Officer S. Atyia Martin is receiving input from UMass Boston faculty, staff, and students about ways to make the city more equitable.
- Camp Shriver Receives $60K Grant from Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Eastern New England
Camp Shriver at UMass Boston is entering into a new three-year partnership with the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC®) of Eastern New England.
- UMass Boston’s School for the Environment Partners with PRI’s Living on Earth
As partners, SFE and LoE will produce a weekly show and start a new Education Corps
- $8.3 Million Awarded to UMass Boston and University of Wisconsin for Urology Research
Jill Macoska and colleagues at the University of Wisconsin Madison will investigate causes of urological disease.
- Teachers Graduate from UMass Boston, Ready to Make a Difference in Pacific Islands
Among the nearly 4,000 students who earned diplomas from UMass Boston on Friday, eight have had a particularly long journey. These new graduates are teachers from American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), and the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.
- Education Advocate Jonathan Kozol Talks Preschool, Standardized Testing
Teacher-turned-author Jonathan Kozol's free talk was part of a half-day celebration of the College of Education and Human Development’s first 35 years as part of the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Promoting Partnership: UMass Boston and Addis Ababa University Continue to Collaborate
Partners sign memorandum of agreement to jointly participate on NSF grant on Coasts and Communities
- Students Integral to UMass Boston Partnership Development, Expansion
With more than 900 community partnerships documented in 2014, it’s clear faculty, staff, and students are making the university’s civic engagement mission a priority.
- UMass Boston To Build on Partnerships at 3rd Annual Symposium
This year’s event includes a poster session representing more than 90 partners, a plenary session analyzing UMass Boston's partnerships, and breakout sessions.
- UMass Boston Marks St. Patrick’s Day with New Partnership with the University of Limerick
UMass Boston and the University of Limerick celebrated St. Patrick's Day by signing a memorandum of understanding, formally launching a strategic partnership between the two universities.
- UMass Boston to Finalize Partnership with University of Limerick on St. Patrick’s Day
The University of Massachusetts Boston and the University of Limerick will sign a memorandum of understanding on St. Patrick’s Day to formally launch collaborative programs between the two universities.
- UMass Boston Minute: Archaeology at the Eastern Pequot Reservation
Steve Silliman, professor of anthropology at UMass Boston, talks about the archaeology field school for UMass Boston and the Eastern Pequot Tribal Nation.
- Faculty, Staff Encouraged to Learn About, Strengthen Partnerships
On Thursday, April 5, faculty and staff members will have a chance to share their involvement with community partnerships as part of the first annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.
- 2012 Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium
The symposium will offer professional development workshops as well as showcase the efforts and achievements of UMass Boston faculty and staff.