Tag: Pension Action Center
- Medeiros Promoted to Pension Action Center Director
McCormack Graduate School annouces Jeanne Medeiros’ new role at Gerontology Institute
- Illinois Pension Assistance Project Receives Grants to Continue Free Pension Counseling Services
Retirees who live in Illinois can rest assured that they will continue to have access to free pension counseling services thanks to a third year of funding from the Chicago-based Retirement Research Foundation and a special federal grant offering supplemental support.
- Pension Action Center Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The outpouring of support from the many sponsors was a tribute to the great work of the Pension Action Center and to Ellen Bruce’s outstanding career as a lawyer and gerontology professor.
- Twenty Years, $45 Million in Benefits
Join the Pension Action Center for this fundraising event celebrating the center and its retiring founder, Ellen A. Bruce.
- UMass Boston’s New England Pension Assistance Project Awarded $942,500 Grant
McCormack Grad School's Gerontology Institute project wins five-year grant from the Administration on Aging.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren Highlights New England Pension Assistance Project
“If we expanded the program, how much money could we potentially recover for our seniors?” Senator Warren asked.
- Pension Action Center Featured in Video about Nationwide Pension Counseling Program
The center’s managing attorney, Jeanne Medeiros, is featured prominently in the video and is very articulate in describing the importance of the work that the projects do.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Pension Action Center Expands to Illinois
The Pension Action Center of the Gerontology Institute at the University of Massachusetts Boston has received a grant from The Retirement Research Foundation to expand its pension counseling services to Illinois.
- New England Pension Assistance Project Hits the $40 Million Mark
The New England Pension Assistance Project recently celebrated a significant milestone: helping 5,800 people recover $40 million in pension income since 1994.
- Recoveries by the Pension Action Center top $40 million
This month, the New England Pension Assistance Project, part of the Pension Action Center at the University of Massachusetts Boston, celebrates a significant milestone: $40 million in recovered pension income since opening its doors in 1994.