- On 10th Anniversary of Katrina, Jean Rhodes’s Research Shows Resiliency
Jean Rhodes found that more than 60 percent of respondents bounced back to pre-disaster levels of mental health, even though nearly half exhibited post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms a year after the storm.
- UMass Boston Researchers Fight Health Disparities for Children with Autism
A $3.9 million grant from the National Institute of Mental Health will support early intervention for underserved children in Boston.
- JFK Winner Shaun O’Grady Journeyed from Battlefield to Classroom
Lynn native Shaun O’Grady traveled a long and difficult path from his hometown to the commencement stage at UMass Boston. He once thought college "wasn't in the cards" for him.
- Prof. Jean Rhodes Awarded Grant to Study the Health Consequences of Hurricane Katrina
A highly competitive, national funding program dedicated to tackling pressing health policy issues has awarded a grant to University of Massachusetts Boston professor Jean Rhodes and a collaborator at Harvard University to study the health consequences of Hurricane Katrina.
- UMass Boston Minute: Babies and Communication
Ed Tronick investigates how babies and parents interact.
- UMass Boston Research Highlights Value of Youth-Initiated Mentoring
Jean Rhodes Investigates National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program
- Bersoff Award Highlights Clinical Psychology Program’s Commitment to Diversity
The APA named UMass Boston as one of only three winners. Alice Carter, director of the clinical psychology program, will accept the prize at the APA 2013 Annual Convention.
- Sociology Colloquium Series
Featuring Jim Sidanius, Professor of Psychology and African and African American Studies, Harvard University
- Feeling Stressed? UMass Boston Researchers Want to Study Your Hair
Researchers from the Horizon Center for Health Equity are offering $25 to students, staff, and faculty who participate in a brief study.
- CLA Junior Faculty Colloquium: Studying How Babies Learn Words
CLA JFC Presents: Assistant Professor of Psychology Mohinish Shukla
- Michael Milburn on “Authoritarianism, Emotion, and Affect Displacement Theory”
The Philosophy Department invites you to hear Professor of Psychology Michael Milburn speak on "Authoritarianism, Emotion, and Affect Displacement Theory."
- Psychology Professor Recruiting Children for First-of-its-Kind Autism Study
A UMass Boston psychology professor is recruiting children in the Boston area through the end of January for a first-of-its-kind study that will assess how children with autism adapt to the early school years, and identify predictors that will lead to a successful transition.
- UMass Boston Professor’s Latest Book Finds a Mindful Way through Anxiety
Lizabeth Roemer researches physical, mental, and emotional responses to anxiety, with the intent of finding ways to help people live with this reaction.
- Interest in Toys Predicts Effectiveness of Autism Treatment in Toddlers
Study coauthored by UMass Boston professor finds toddlers who played with a limited number of toys showed improvement in their communication skills.
- New Graduate Programs on the Horizon
UMass Boston's faculty and administration have successfully proposed establishing six new graduate programs.