Tag: Public Affairs
- Wood Lecturer Emphasizes Need to Rectify Polarization in America to Rebuild Nation’s Soft Power
“I don’t think any of us here today go a day without concern or curiosity of where things will go from here and how the U.S. will use its power in the world,” said Reuben E. Brigety, II, Dean of the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University.
- Public Policy Spring 2017 Research Seminar with Christian Weller
Speaking on women’s economic risk exposure and savings, Christian Weller is a professor of public policy and public affairs in the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs.
- UMass Boston Graduate Programs Rise in U.S. News and World Report Rankings
The education programs have risen five spots since their last ranking in 2015; the public affairs program has gained 10 spots since it was last evaluated in 2012.
- UMass Boston Professor Earns Guggenheim, College Board Fellowships to Study Educational Justice
Associate Professor of Public Policy and Public Affairs Mark Warren was one of only 13 social scientists to receive the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship this year.
- Careers in Aging
Join us for the annual Careers in Aging event featuring three UMass Boston alumni discussing their career paths.
- Wood Lecture: Reflections on Issues of Race and Class in the 21st Century
Professor William Julius Wilson revisits his controversial book The Declining Significance of Race (1978)
- Virtual Interactive Information Session: Graduate Studies in Public Policy and Public Affairs
Hear about the program, ask questions, and get some valuable tips on building a competitive graduate application.
- Honors College & McCormack Graduate School Accelerated BA/Master’s Informational Meeting
Attend this event to learn more about an exciting opportunity for accelerated master's programs.
- Youth Power and Leadership in the Boston Youth Justice Movement, 2005 – 2008
Join us for this research seminar presented by the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs
- Wood Lecture: “Promises Kept: John McCormack, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid”
McCormack biographer Garrison Nelson will deliver the Robert C. Wood Lecture on Urban and Public Affairs.
- UMass Boston Grad Student Andrew Bunyard Among 29 Who Shine in 2014
Andrew Bunyard, a public affairs major from Boxborough, is the 2014 "29 Who Shine" award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 29 Who Shine: McCormack Grad Student Chosen to Represent UMass Boston
Public Affairs student Andrew Bunyard chosen as a stellar student by Massachusetts Department of Higher Education.
- Public Affairs Alumni Event Features Career Panel and Honor Society Induction
McCormack Graduate School celebrates 30 years of MSPA graduates.
- Expert on Black and Latino Political Empowerment to Teach at McCormack Grad School in Fall
Domingo Morel to join the McCormack Graduate School faculty as visiting professor in the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs
- Celebrating 30 Years of MSPA Graduates of the McCormack Graduate School
MSPA Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
- Where Boston Can Lead: The Urban Education Crisis and What to Do About It
President and CEO of The Boston Foundation Paul S. Grogan to Deliver Robert C. Wood Lecture on the Urban Education Crisis
- UMass Boston Professor Earns Graduate Teaching Award
Public Policy Professor Amy Smith is recognized for her excellence and creativity in the teaching of graduate students.
- Technological Innovation in Government: Toward an Open and Smart Government
Join us at this one-day conference for practitioners, faculty and students, and industry experts interested in leveraging technology for better government.
- McCormack Graduate School RAP Session: Research, Advocacy, and Policy event
Join McCormack Grad School community for a display of student, staff, and faculty research, advocacy, and policy projects.
- Congressmen’s Substantive Representation of Women’s Interests as More Women Enter the U.S. House
Join us for this Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs colloquium with political scientist, Erin O'Brien.
- Coalitions & Political Capacity: Organization, Structure, Function, & Impact in Grassroots Alliances
Please join us for this seminar hosted by the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs.
- Reps from 70 Municipalities Meet at UMass Boston for Conference of Government Performance
Collins Center hosts 200 city and town managers to learn how to manage government performance using data
- McCormack Graduate School Honors Three Top Master’s Students at Recent Convocation
Three UMass Boston graduate policy students earn book awards.
- White House Expert Discusses Effective, Accountable Government at UMass Boston Lecture
Shelley Metzenbaum speaks on delivering effective, accountable, trusted government at McCormack Grad School lecture.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Conflict Resolution Student Appointed to Key Public Affairs Job in Puerto Rico
Ricardo Ramos puts his conflict resolution graduate studies to work in San Juan's mayor's office.
- Connie Chan Shares Winning Strategies with Athletes On-Campus and Across the Globe
MGS Associate Dean has a "second life" as a sports psychologist motivating athletes and coaches.
- MSPA Alumnus Appointed Suffolk County Sheriff
Steve Tompkins, a 2011 public affairs graduate, takes the helm of the state's largest sheriff's office.
- MGS Alumni Start Nonprofit to Train Youth Farmers in Ethiopia
Alumni from public affairs and international relations establish innovative educational program for disconnected youth.
- MSPA Capstone Presentations
McCormack Grad students present their final research projects in public affairs.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- American Society for Public Administration Honors UMass Boston Student
Daniel Moriarty, a 2012 candidate for the master of science degree in public affairs, has been awarded the Paul G. Keough Outstanding Student of Public Administration Award.
- U.S. News & World Report Puts MSPA Program in Top Tier
U.S. News and World Report recognizes the quality and value of McCormack Graduate School's MSPA Program.
- UMass Boston Professor Leads Discussion on Government Accountability
Michael Ahn and State Auditor Suzanne Bump speak at local American Society for Public Administration event
- Brenner to Serve on E Pluribus Unum Prizes Advisory Board
McCormack Grad School's Christine Brenner chosen for national board
- The Science of Better: Michael Johnson’s Research on Foreclosed Housing
Public Policy and Public Affairs Department Chair uses operations research models in his community-based research
- Ahn Makes Many Contributions to the Field of Public Administration
Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Public Affairs Michael Ahn is active in local and national professional associations.
- McCormack Graduate School Recruitment Luncheon at State House
Learn about our graduate programs in conflict resolution, gerontology, public affairs, public policy and others.