Tag: Public Health
- College of Public and Community Service Spring Semester Project Presentations
Learn more about our programs, Join CPCS faculty and students as they share findings from their community-based research and outreach
- UMass Boston Research Scholar Assesses Working Conditions for Waste Pickers in Sao Pãulo, Brazil
Ana Maria Maniero Moreira spent the last year at UMass Boston looking at recycling practices in Boston to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of two recycling collaboratives in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Professor Courtenay Sprague Brings ‘Global Public Health’ to UMass Boston, Studies HIV
After more than a decade of work in Southern Africa, Associate Professor of Conflict Resolution, Human Security, and Global Governance Courtenay Sprague has brought her expertise in studying public health among marginalized populations to the United States.
- MGS Professor Michael Johnson Earns Grant to Improve Neglected Baltimore Properties
Decision modelling in urban redevelopment has the potential to improve social, economic, and public health indicators.
- Study: Nicotine Replacement Therapies May Not Be Effective in Helping People Quit Smoking
Nicotine replacement therapies (NRTs) designed to help people stop smoking, specifically nicotine patches and nicotine gum, do not appear to be effective in helping smokers quit long-term, even when combined with smoking cessation counseling.