Tag: Public Policy
- Save the Date! Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy 20th Anniversary
The theme for the 20th Anniversary celebration is Building the Political Pipeline for Women’s Leadership: Looking Forward to the Next 20 Years.
- McCormack Salutes More than 150 New Graduates
We honor this year’s awardees and McCormack’s entire graduating class of 2015
- McCormack’s Public Policy Doctoral Student Awarded International Fellowship
Kudos to Ana Maria Sanchez Rodriguez who earned an Inter-American Foundation Grassroots Development Field Research Fellowship.
- UMass Boston Professor Earns Guggenheim, College Board Fellowships to Study Educational Justice
Associate Professor of Public Policy and Public Affairs Mark Warren was one of only 13 social scientists to receive the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship this year.
- Gender, Leadership, and Public Policy Graduate Certificate Information Session and Alumnae Panel
Can you see yourself leading change? If so, you are invited to attend an information session on the Gender, Leadership and Public Policy graduate certificate program on March 25.
- Valuing Women’s Paid Care Work: From Research to Public Policy in Massachusetts
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy is pleased to host its 33rd Women’s Research Forum.
- UMass Boston Rated in Nation’s Top 30 Innovative Public Service Schools
Student to faculty-ratios, innovative academic programs, and quality internships and career services helped McCormack Grad School propel UMass Boston to the top 30 on the list.
- McCormack Prof Criticizes New Report on Parent Organizing in Schools
Warren reviewed the recent American Enterprise Institute report, Turning lightning into electricity: Organizing parents for education reform.
- UMass Boston Policy Professor Calls for an Educational Justice Movement
Mark R. Warren calls the need for educational justice the civil rights issue of today.
- MA Office of Public Collaboration Joins the McCormack Grad School
Dean Ira A. Jackson welcomes MOPC as its newest center at the McCormack Graduate School.
- UMass Boston Alumna: Emerging Leader, Lifelong Learner, Volunteer Extraordinaire
Meet Nulise François and discover how she has put her UMass Boston degrees and graduate certificates to good work.
- Virtual Interactive Information Session: Graduate Studies in Public Policy and Public Affairs
Hear about the program, ask questions, and get some valuable tips on building a competitive graduate application.
- Doctoral Students Collaborate on Research Project with Boston Youth Justice Partners
Public Policy practicum course offers students real-world research experience and practical insights into the community in which they live.
- Joining Together: Ending Poverty Now
An event to raise awareness, provide opportunity, & inspire action in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the passage of the Economic Opportunity Act
- Public Affairs Alumna Earns Student Manuscript of Year Award from National Organization
The Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) selected Maureen Thomas, ' 14 as co-winner of the 2014 Pi Alpha Alpha Master’s Student Manuscript of the Year award
- Youth Power and Leadership in the Boston Youth Justice Movement, 2005 – 2008
Join us for this research seminar presented by the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs
- UMass Boston Researcher Helps Give Massachusetts Nonprofits a Political Voice
Through this online survey, nonprofit leaders across Massachusetts have the opportunity to articulate the needs of their organizations and constituents
- Wood Lecture: “Promises Kept: John McCormack, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid”
McCormack biographer Garrison Nelson will deliver the Robert C. Wood Lecture on Urban and Public Affairs.
- Gerontology Professor Encourages LGBT Community to ‘Know Your Rights’ on Social Security
Gerontology @ UMass Boston sponsors event to educate LGBT community on changes to Social Security following the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- UMass Boston Professors Win Best Paper Award at 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference
Vincent Xie and Jessie M. Quintero Johnson Win Best Paper Award at the 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference.
- Public Policy Student Earns Inaugural Dissertation Award for Research on Gender Inequity
Dianna Salas Coronado receives Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award from Re:Gender
- Expert on Black and Latino Political Empowerment to Teach at McCormack Grad School in Fall
Domingo Morel to join the McCormack Graduate School faculty as visiting professor in the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs
- Celebrating 30 Years of MSPA Graduates of the McCormack Graduate School
MSPA Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
- McCormack PhD Student Accepted to Hungarian Summer Institute on Romani Studies
Marija Bingulac has been accepted to Social Theory and Romani Studies, Central European University's 2014 summer program.
- UMass Boston Professor Earns Graduate Teaching Award
Public Policy Professor Amy Smith is recognized for her excellence and creativity in the teaching of graduate students.
- Public Policy Faculty and Doctoral Students Present at Economic Conference in Boston
Faculty and students presented eight papers on topics from poverty and wealth inequality to housing and home ownership.
- McCormack Graduate School RAP Session: Research, Advocacy, and Policy event
Join McCormack Grad School community for a display of student, staff, and faculty research, advocacy, and policy projects.
- Congressmen’s Substantive Representation of Women’s Interests as More Women Enter the U.S. House
Join us for this Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs colloquium with political scientist, Erin O'Brien.
- Student/Alumni Panel Praises Supportive Environment at McCormack Graduate School
At the recent Prospective Student Visit Day, students and alumni praised the faculty and cohort support in their graduate programs.
- Public Policy Student Completes Pathbreaking Dissertation on Pakistani Microfinance Sector
Zulfiqar researches microfinance as a tool for financial access, poverty alleviation, or gender empowerment.
- Coalitions & Political Capacity: Organization, Structure, Function, & Impact in Grassroots Alliances
Please join us for this seminar hosted by the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- UMass Boston Re-launches New England Journal of Public Policy as Online Publication
McCormack Graduate School will hold a celebratory launch event on March 28.
- Bridging the Gap between the Researcher and Public Policy Maker
Please join us as gerontology alumnus Jay Bulot, PhD presents this guest lecture at the McCormnack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- Public Policy Research Seminar on Microfinance and Poverty Alleviation
PhD student Ghazal Zulfiqar will discuss whether institutional form matters in microfinance and poverty reduction.
- UMass Boston Professor Testifies Before Joint Revenue Hearing at State House
Economist and Professor of Public Policy and Public Affairs Christian Weller testified before the Joint Revenue Hearing of the House and Senate Ways and Means Committees at the Massachusetts State House today.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- How Poor Financial Risk Management Destroyed Older Households’ Wealth & What Policy Can Do About It
Join Professor Christian Weller for this Gerontology Institute colloquium on November 5 at 1 p.m.
- MGS Faculty, Students, and Alums Provide Stimulating Lifelong Learning for OLLI Members
Members of the McCormack Graduate School community offer a wide array of courses this fall
- Peace Abbey Archives Now Part of New UMass Boston Center
Items from the Peace Abbey in Sherborn are the foundation for UMass Boston's new Center and Archives for Peace, Social Action, Public Policy, and the Arts, located in Healey Library.
- American Society for Public Administration Honors UMass Boston Student
Daniel Moriarty, a 2012 candidate for the master of science degree in public affairs, has been awarded the Paul G. Keough Outstanding Student of Public Administration Award.
- UMass Boston Professor Leads Discussion on Government Accountability
Michael Ahn and State Auditor Suzanne Bump speak at local American Society for Public Administration event
- Diversity and Public Service in a Time of Change: Challenges and Opportunities
Can public services be tailored to diverse populations yet balance equity and effectiveness?
- Guest Lecture: “NAGPRA - A Reflection of 20 Years in New England”
Dr. Rae Gould (Anthropology - UMass Amherst) will discuss the complexities of NAGPRA in New England.
- Brenner to Serve on E Pluribus Unum Prizes Advisory Board
McCormack Grad School's Christine Brenner chosen for national board
- The Science of Better: Michael Johnson’s Research on Foreclosed Housing
Public Policy and Public Affairs Department Chair uses operations research models in his community-based research
- Ahn Makes Many Contributions to the Field of Public Administration
Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Public Affairs Michael Ahn is active in local and national professional associations.
- McCormack Graduate School Recruitment Luncheon at State House
Learn about our graduate programs in conflict resolution, gerontology, public affairs, public policy and others.
- Public Policy Alumna Earns Prestigious Fellowship to University of Melbourne
Mandira Kala, PhD, has been selected for the Emerging Leaders Fellowship from the Australia India Institute
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).
- National Council for Research on Women Honors the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy
The National Council for Research on Women has presented its 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award to the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Study Takes In-Depth Look at Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts
A Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy report shows the number of nurse-midwife-attended births more than doubled between 1990 and 2008 in Massachusetts.
- Success in Reducing Urban Community Health Disparities on the Horizon
At the Horizon Center, UMass Boston functions as a ‘lab to the community,’ which involves listening to Roxbury residents and the health issues they face.