Tag: Public Policy Phd Program
- Public Policy Doctoral Candidate Caitlin Carey Engages on Issues of Homelessness in the Nation
Caitlin Carey, a third-year doctoral candidate in the Public Policy program at the McCormack Graduate School, was working at a homeless women’s shelter in Portland, Maine when she decided to pursue an advanced degree.
- Public Policy Spring 2018 Research Seminar: Alnoor Ebrahim
Alnoor Ebrahim presents Measuring Social Change: Designing for Performance and Accountability in a Complex World
- Public Policy Spring 2018 Research Seminar: Dan O’Brien
Dan O'Brien presents Catalyzing Research-Policy Collaborations with Urban Informatics: The Case of 311 and Custodianship in the Urban Commons
- McCormack Alumna Leads Bureau of Sages Project to Bring Elder Voices to Research Development
Public Policy alum Erin McGaffigan will lead the Long-Term Services and Support Center’s contribution to the Bureau of Sages project.
- McCormack Graduate School Hosts Conference on School Discipline
The “Moving Beyond Chapter 222” conference looked at the school discipline landscape in Massachusetts and possibilities for future investment in progressive discipline.
- Public Policy Research Seminar: Propagating Civic Education Practice in Illinois
Felicia Sullivan presents study findings on how student populations and community contexts create complex educational ecosystems.
- Public Policy Research Seminar: Connections Between Unstable Housing and Unstable Schooling
Deirdre Oakley presents study findings on how the low-income private rental housing market in high poverty, highly segregated neighborhoods affect/shape the lives of families with children.
- “Just Imagine” Campaign Features McCormack PhD Student
Public Policy student Tanya Stepasiuk is one of five "Faces of UMass Boston" for new fundraising campaign.
- Public Policy Alumna Earns National Housing Research Paper Competition
McCormack Graduates School salutes Rachel Drew '14 for her award from the Housing Education and Research Association.
- UMass Boston Public Policy Student Chosen for Best Dissertation Award
Felicia Sullivan's dissertation was chosen among 20 nominations submitted throughout the United States.
- Exemplary Dissertation Earns Ghazal Zulfiqar the Public Policy Book Award
Zulfiqar wins convocation prize for research on microfinance in Pakistan.
- UMass Boston Student Earns Research Award to Study Construction Jobs for Women
Carolyn Arcand, who studies public policy at McCormack Grad School, earns research award from Department of Labor.
- Public Policy PhD Student Accepts Immigrant Integration Award on Behalf of Boston Nonprofit
Board member Ronald Marlow accepts E Pluribus Unum award for Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Association.
- Public Policy PhD Student “Burned the Midnight Oil” to Complete Degree in Four Years
Colombian student Danny Garcia takes home diploma and program's award for excellence.
- Public Policy Dissertation Proposal Defense on Gentrification in Jamaica Plain
Jennifer Douglas will present her research proposal on real estate actors and policies in this Boston neighborhood.