Tag: Public Service
- McCormack Grad School Cohosts Live Conversations with Mayoral Candidates Marty Walsh, Tito Jackson
The McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies at UMass Boston has teamed up with WBUR, the Boston Globe, NBC Boston, NECN, and Telemundo Boston to jointly host live conversations with Boston mayoral candidates this summer.
- 2nd Annual Be the Change: Exploring Graduate Programs in Public Service
Speak with faculty, student, and alumni representatives from McCormack’s doctoral, master’s and graduate certificate programs.
- UMass Boston Nursing Student Has New Strategy for Safe Needle Disposal
Rachel Moloney, who is graduating next week, hopes to see more needle kiosks across Boston.
- Spring 2016 Robert C. Wood Lecture of Public and Urban Affairs
Governor Hassan will engage students and faculty to discuss "What I Learned from my Father about Public Service"
- McCormack Grad School Honors Barney Frank, His Mother, and Public Service
Recent "Be the Change" events showcases the McCormack Graduate School and celebrates public service.
- Three McCormack Professors Receive Internal Grants to Support Research and Service Projects
The Vice Provost of Research has awarded grants to fund timely and impactful initiatives by Karen Ross, Ann Bookman, and Jan Mutchler.
- Working Toward the “Common Good”: Commonwealth Diversity Fellows Program Expands in 2015
A select group of outstanding and highly motivated students have the opportunity to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the commonwealth.
- Public Affairs Changes Name and Degree to Master of Public Administration
McCormack Graduate School changes the name of its award-winning public affairs program to better reflect course content.
- UMass Boston Rated in Nation’s Top 30 Innovative Public Service Schools
Student to faculty-ratios, innovative academic programs, and quality internships and career services helped McCormack Grad School propel UMass Boston to the top 30 on the list.
- Public Service Internship Named in Honor of Elaine Werby
Center for Social Policy honors colleague for untiring commitment to mentor students
- UMass Boston Students to Expand Leadership Skills at Conference
Five University of Massachusetts Boston students will begin a weeklong intensive leadership program on Saturday.
- UMass Boston Gerontology Students Participate in Memory Walk
UMass Boston Gerontology students raise money for Alzheimer's Association by participating in the annual Memory Walk.
- Chancellor Motley, Elizabeth Warren Speak at UMass Boston’s Fall Convocation
Chancellor Motley focuses on the theme of community; Elizabeth Warren shares her story of perseverance.
- National Council for Research on Women Honors the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
The National Council for Research on Women has presented its 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award to the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- Chancellor Urges Muddy Shoes at State of the University Address
During his 2011 address, Chancellor J. Keith Motley offered some statistics that seem to indicate the state of the university is better than ever.
- Dr. Muriel Howard to Deliver 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Dr. Muriel Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will deliver the principal address for Commencement 2011.
- UMass Boston Alum Leading the Efforts to Rebuild Haiti
UMass Boston alumnus Patrick Gaston, now executive in residence to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund, was drawn to reconnect with UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Honors SBLI President & CEO Robert Sheridan
Robert Sheridan was honored with the Chancellor's Medal for Exemplary Leadership, the university's highest honor, at its seventh annual Scholarship Gala.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute Breaks Ground on UMass Boston Campus
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate broke ground on UMass Boston's campus on June 8.
- Chancellor J. Keith Motley Honored with a Good Guys Award
UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley was honored at the Tenth Annual Good Guys Awards Luncheon, held by the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus.
- From Trash to Treasure: Upward Bound Students Raise Money to Build School in Guatemala
UMass Boston Upward Bound students will travel to Guatemala during spring break to build a school out of waste.
- UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies Undergoes Name Change
The John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies has changed its name to the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- ICI Receives $16.8 Million to Improve Employment Services for People with Disabilities
The Institute for Community Inclusion at UMass Boston was recently awarded a $16.8 million, five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- UMass Boston and Boston Police Team Up with City Youth to Create Peace Billboards
UMass Boston and its community partners recently launched a new youth-driven billboard campaign, titled, “Peace: What’s it to you?”
- UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA Honored at White House as Top After-school Program
Project ALERTA was one of only 15 after-school programs chosen from 458 nominations nationwide for an award from the White House.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Honors UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA at White House
First Lady Michelle Obama presents a National Arts and Humanities award to 5th grader Noelia Lugo and Project ALERTA founder Lucia Mayerson-David.
- Success in Reducing Urban Community Health Disparities on the Horizon
At the Horizon Center, UMass Boston functions as a ‘lab to the community,’ which involves listening to Roxbury residents and the health issues they face.