- Race, Politics, and Public Opinion about Justice Reinvestment
Assistant Professor of Sociology Kevin Wozniak is the next speaker in the Mayor's Office of Resilience & Racial Equity's Resilience and Racial Equity Speaker Series.
- Charles Mills Workshop: Liberalism, Race, and Ideology
Join the UMass Boston Philosophy Department for the upcoming workshop: "Reflecting on the work of Charles Mills Liberalism, Race, and Ideology"
- Ayanna Pressley, Michelle Wu Join UMass Boston Experts to Discuss New Book
Join the McCormack Graduate School for a discussion of a new book, Race, Gender, and Political Leadership in 21st Century America.
- Panel Discussion: Contested Transformation: Race, Gender, and Political Leadership
Join us for the RESCHEDULED discussion about racial and ethnic minorities holding elective office in the United States.
- UMass Boston Community Invited to March 3 Forum with Boston’s Chief Resilience Officer
The UMass Boston community is invited to meet the City of Boston’s chief resilience officer and offer input on making the city more equitable when it comes to race.
- Racial Integration and Moral Bias: A Day with Elizabeth Anderson
Elizabeth Anderson, the John Rawls Collegiate Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, will lead a workshop and give a lecture in the afternoon.
- William Julius Wilson Delivers Major Talk on Race and Class at UMass Boston’s McCormack Grad School
Renowned urban sociologist revisits his controversial 1978 book, The Declining Signifiance of Race
- Conversation with Richard Lapchick, Internationally-Recognized Expert on Race and Gender in Sports
Richard E. Lapchick is a human rights activist and pioneer for racial equality.
- Rapper Warren G Joins Journalist Soledad O’Brien for UMass Boston’s “Black in America” Tour Stop
Journalist Soledad O’Brien continued the conversation she started seven years ago with her “Black in America” series at UMass Boston on Wednesday.
- Our History, Our Knowledge & Current Realities & Desires
Join Academic Support Services and Undergraduate Studies, the Black Faculty, Staff & Students Association, and Trotter Institute for part one of a Ferguson, Garner, Rice & Beyond discussion series.
- Soledad O’Brien Presents Being Black in America
CNN journalist Soledad O'Brien will visit UMass Boston as part of her nationwide “Black in America 2015” tour, a catalyst for one of America’s most challenging conversations.
- LatinasRepresent Boston
This event will connect Latinas interested in pursuing elected and appointed office and their allies to resources and mentors who can help make their aspirations a reality.
- Climate Study Learning & Planning Session 2: Race and Ethnicity Issues
Topic: How would you improve campus climate on Race and Ethnicity? All members of the UMass Boston community are invited to share their suggestions.
- “The Help” Film Screening
Join the Women's Studies and American Studies Departments for a screening of the popular film "The Help" and discussion afterward.