Tag: Remote Sensing
- UMass Boston Scientist Receives Harvard University Bullard Fellowship to Study Threatened Hemlocks
Crystal Schaaf is a noted expert on remote sensing.
- Professor Schaaf Leads Royal Society Workshop on Terrestrial Laser Scanning Technology
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf is in the United Kingdom this week, for a workshop she co-convened for the Royal Society. The workshop was on Schaaf’s area of expertise – terrestrial laser scanning technology that sends out pulses of light and creates a 360-degree, 3D picture.
- UMass Boston Professor Corrects Decades-Old Theory on Underwater Visibility
According to ZhongPing Lee, the way that Secchi disk depth is interpreted is simple, easy, and also wrong.
- School for the Environment Professor Appointed Editor-in-Chief of Scientific Journal
Professor Crystal Schaaf of the School for the Environment has been appointed editor in chief of Remote Sensing of Environment.
- ZhongPing Lee Sheds Light on the Health of Our Planet
Studying the vast and constantly changing oceans, even with the aid of satellites, presents some major challenges.
- UMass Boston Graduate Students Produce 3D Models of Protected Costa Rican Areas
UMass Boston's data collection will aid efforts to quantify and model the carbon storage capacity of the tropics.
- Australian TV Documents Work of UMass Boston Professor, Students
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf and her team completed two projects this summer, testing tools that create 3-D pictures of forested sites.
- UMass Boston Professor Selected for New Landsat Satellite Science Team
Crystal Schaaf joins elite group of scientists.