- Mayor Walsh and Chancellor Mills Meet with Freshmen Scholarship Recipients
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh joined Interim Chancellor Barry Mills last week in welcoming freshman students who attended Boston Public Schools and earned merit-based scholarships to attend UMass Boston.
- Run For Krystle Marathon Team Raising Funds for Scholarship
For the fourth year, the University of Massachusetts has formed a Boston Marathon team that will honor the memory of UMass Boston alumna Krystle Campbell, who lost her life in the 2013 marathon bombing, and raise money for a scholarship fund established in her memory.
- More than 1,400 Students and Family Members Visit Campus for Welcome Day and Scholarship Night
The UMass Boston community welcomed more than 1,100 people to campus — including 443 admitted students — on Saturday, February 25, for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions’ Welcome Day I activities.
- Alumni Association Supports Beacons Student Success Fellowship; Paid Internships Continue
The UMass Boston Alumni Association has made a three-year commitment of $170,000 to support the Beacons Student Success Fellowship.
- AIM, UMass Boston Establish Scholarship Fund for Management Students
The University of Massachusetts Boston and Associated Industries of Massachusetts, Inc. (AIM) have signed a memorandum of understanding establishing a new scholarship to assist the university in educating the next century of business leaders in the commonwealth.
- UMass Boston Students Continue to Earn Gilman Scholarships to Study Abroad
Two UMass Boston students, Anthony Martin and Jack He, were awarded the prestigious Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to study abroad in spring 2016.
- Rehabilitation Counseling Program Wins $917K Dept. of Education Grant
Our #1-ranked rehab counseling program has funding for 38 new scholarships over five years.
- UMass Boston Students Earn Scholarships to Study Abroad
Two more UMass Boston students have earned scholarships through the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program to study abroad. Agostinha Depina and Trang Mai are two of 860 students nationwide to be studying this fall on a Gilman scholarship.
- Goddard House Doane Scholarships to Provide $170K for Nursing Students
Funding to benefit mid-career students with experience in Boston health care
- SGISD Professor Receives $750K Federal Grant
Dimity Peter's new grant will fund graduate scholarships in rehabilitation counseling.
- Pacific VIP Scholar Awarded Blasch Scholarship
UMass Boston Vision Studies scholar from American Samoa receives award
- Traditional Nursing Student at UMass Boston Receives Massachusetts High-Demand Scholarship
UMass Boston Traditional Nursing Student Receives Massachusetts High-Demand Scholarship
- Support Indian American Students: Spend an Evening with Bollywood Actor Mohan Agashe
As a benefit for the India Scholars Program, Mohan Agashe will discuss his experiences as both a Bollywood character actor and a psychiatrist who has fought for mental health education.
- Governor Patrick Visits UMass Boston to Unveil High-Demand Scholarship Program
The new initiative awards $2 million to 800 students studying for high-demand career in public colleges and universities across the state.
- “Celebration of Support” Event Extends Gratitude
This annual scholarship event connects University of Massachusetts Boston students with donors.
- New UMass Boston Scholarship to Benefit Boston Public Schools Graduates
BPS students with a 3.0 GPA admitted to UMass Boston are eligible for a renewable, 4-year scholarship worth up to $4,000, part of a $2M commitment from the university.