Tag: School For Global Inclusion And Social Development
- Dean William Kiernan Joins Governor’s Task Force Targeting Chronic Unemployment
Governor Charlie Baker has appointed William Kiernan, founding dean of UMass Boston's School for Global Inclusion and Social Development, to a task force on Economic Opportunity for Populations Facing Chronically High Rates of Unemployment.
- Harbor Gallery Presents: “A World of Questions”
On exhibit from February 2 through March 12, "A World of Questions" features the work of award-winning Zimbabwean designer Chaz Maviyane-Davies, who asks the viewer to engage with important issues like the environment and the economy.
- Ecuadorian Ambassador Talks to Global Inclusion Students at UMass Boston
Nathalie Cely Suárez visited campus as part of SGISD's Innovation Speaker Series.
- Hubie Jones to be Honored at UMass Boston’s Beacon for Global Inclusion Awards
Hubie Jones, one of Boston’s influential nonprofit entrepreneurs and an advocate for social inclusion, will be honored for his contributions to the city at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s inaugural Beacon For Global Inclusion Awards Breakfast on Monday, October 27.
- First Annual Beacon for Global Inclusion Awards Breakfast
Celebrate the launch of the School for Global Inclusion and Social Development and the university's 50th anniversary as it honors those who have made an impact in achieving greater social inclusion.
- Rule of Law and Democracy in Russia
A discussion of the current situation
- UMass Boston Gala Raises $1.4 Million for Brett Chair
The ninth annual gala shattered a UMass Boston fundraising record, but the real story of the evening was told in names rather than numbers.
- Chancellor Assesses Campus Environment During 2013 Convocation
As UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley took stock of the university’s physical, academic, and cultural environment on Thursday, one of the winners of the university’s first Joint and Common Future Award identified UMass Boston as an institution from which others can learn.
- New School for Global Inclusion and Social Development Prepares For First Class
UMass Boston's ninth and newest college, which is affiliated with the Institute for Community Inclusion, is nearly ready to accept applications for its internationally focused master's and doctoral programs.