Tag: Science Education
- UMass Boston Professor Arthur Eisenkraft Named to STEM Education Advisory Panel
The National Science Foundation has named Distinguished Professor of Science Education Arthur Eisenkraft to a new advisory panel created to encourage U.S. scientific and technological innovations in education.
- UMass Boston Professor Uses NSF Grants to Spark Science Interest in Elementary, High Schools
Second-year professor Tej Delvi and her co-principal investigators applied for and received three different National Science Foundation grants centered on helping teachers teach science.
- Professor Arthur Eisenkraft to Receive National Science Board Public Service Award
The award honors exemplary public service in promoting public understanding of science and engineering.
- NSF Grant to Fund UMass Boston Chemistry Education Research
Hannah Sevian has received a $2.5 million grant to help teachers foster a new kind of teaching and learning around chemistry.
- UMass Boston’s School for the Environment Partners with PRI’s Living on Earth
As partners, SFE and LoE will produce a weekly show and start a new Education Corps
- UMass Boston and Wipro Announce Fellowships to Enhance Science Education
By the end of the two-year program, fellows will lead professional workshops for Massachusetts science teachers in their school districts.
- UMass Boston and Wipro Launch Fellowship Program on Science Education for School Teachers
Wipro Ltd and the University of Massachusetts Boston today jointly announced the launch of a 12-month fellowship program in the US to train 120 school teachers over three years, with the objective of facilitating excellence in science education among students from disadvantaged areas of Boston.