- Spring Day of Service 2015
Join us to make a difference in your neighborhood. Breakfast, lunch, and T-shirt provided!
- Professor Lynde Receives Award…Just in Time!
Professor Catherine Lynde was honored at commencement in May 2014 with the Chancellor’s Award for Distinguished Service.
- Education Advocate Jonathan Kozol Talks Preschool, Standardized Testing
Teacher-turned-author Jonathan Kozol's free talk was part of a half-day celebration of the College of Education and Human Development’s first 35 years as part of the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Three McCormack Faculty Earn Healey Research and Public Service Grants
Professors Ann Bookman, Maria Ivanova, and Courtenay Sprague have earned internal grants to advance their research and service projects.
- Project Serve Volunteer Opportunity: Plan for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Join Project Serve, part of UMass Boston's Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, and prep for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
- UMass Boston Selected for the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
The Corporation for National and Community Service has honored UMass Boston for its ongoing commitment to community service.
- UMass Boston Student Holds Dance Marathon Dec. 1 to Benefit Children’s Hospital Boston
UMass Boston psychology major Nora Kelso is asking her fellow students to spend a few hours dancing in the Campus Center Saturday, Dec. 1, to help fund cancer treatment, research, and hospital bills for families of children with cancer.
- JFK Award Winner Tells Fellow Graduates to ‘Be the Change’
Social psychology major Albert Chen is this year's John F. Kennedy Award winner — the highest honor given to a UMass Boston undergraduate student.
- Four Extraordinary Faculty Earn Chancellor’s Awards
Four UMass Boston faculty members were honored at commencement June 1 with the annual Chancellor’s Awards for Distinguished Teaching, Scholarship, and Service.
- Stories from UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
Read what UMass Boston graduates had to say on their commencement day.
- UMass Boston Student Taylor Gagnon Among “29 Who Shine” in 2012
Taylor Gagnon, an exercise and health sciences major from Franklin, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston Basketball Team Shares Skills with Local Youth
UMass Boston’s Office of Community Relations worked with Head Coach and Vice Chancellor for Athletics and Recreation Charlie Titus to bring the men’s basketball team to the Grove Hall Community Center for an afternoon.
- McCormack Graduate School Donates to Local Food Pantry
Alumni and staff collected over 250 food items for the Weymouth Council for the Hungry
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Faculty Lecture
Celebrating the Complete Faculty by featuring the recipients of the Chancellor's Distinguished Awards in Teaching, Scholarship, and Service
- UMass Boston Students to Dance for Those Who Can’t
A UMass Boston student is organizing the university's first dance marathon on December 3 to benefit Children’s Hospital Boston.
- UMass Boston Upward Bound Students Help Build School out of Trash in Guatemala
The Get Fresh Crew will host a performance Friday, Nov. 18 from 4-5 p.m. in the Lipke Auditorium focusing on their recent service trip to Guatemala.
- Lillian Glickman Receives Frank J. Manning Leadership Award
The Massachusetts Association of Older Americans, Inc. will be honoring Lillian Glickman, co-director of the Gerontology Management of Aging Services Program at their Annual Meeting on October 21st with the Frank J. Manning Leadership Award.
- UMass Boston Hosts Events & Volunteer Opportunities in Honor of 9/11
UMass Boston is remembering September 11, 2001 through reflection and service.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Faculty and Students Help Children with Disabilities at YMCA
Students are participating in All Abilities Active, a physical activity program for children with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities.
- Boston State College Graduates Gather for Fourth Annual Celebration
More than 140 Boston State College graduates gathered for the Fourth Annual Boston Stage College Celebration and Education for Service Awards reception.
- UMass Boston Students Provide Organizational Structure to One of Boston’s Best Known Nonprofits
Professor Stephanie Hartwell's Foundations of Applied Sociology class are conducting a year-long program evaluation of one of the city’s best known nonprofits: the Louis D. Brown Peace Institute, based in Dorchester.
- Gratitude for Years of Service
Gratitude was the theme of the afternoon as UMass Boston celebrated its most senior faculty and staff at the fourteenth annual Years of Service luncheon event.