- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- UMass Boston Community Celebrates Fall Student-Athletes
Students, faculty, staff, and UMass Boston mascot Bobby the Beacon gathered Wednesday, November 19 to show their appreciation for the fall Beacons athletics teams. For the first time in school history, all three fall sports squads competed in the Little East Conference tournament.
- Celebrate a Banner Year for the Beacons
Come to the Campus Center for refreshments, music, and free t-shirts!
- Men’s Soccer Team Advances to First NCAA Tournament
The UMass Boston men’s soccer team will travel to Dudley, Massachusetts to face Nichols College on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the first round of the Division III NCAA tournament.
- UMass Boston to Host Three Conference Semifinal Matches This Week
The men's soccer team plays Wednesday at 1:30 p.m., the women's soccer team plays on Thursday at 1:30 p.m., and the volleyball team plays on Saturday at noon.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s Soccer Wins First Regular Season Conference Title; Volleyball 6th
The men’s soccer team won its first regular season Little East Conference title on Sunday, the volleyball team has won its sixth consecutive conference title on Tuesday, and the women’s soccer team could earn a conference title on Saturday.
- Beacons Spotlight: Krista Ledin Becomes First to Score 200 Points
Krista Ledin, a senior nursing major, has become the first soccer player in Beacons and Little East Conference history to score more than 200 points.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s, Women’s Soccer Earn Shutout Wins in Conference Openers
The men’s and women’s soccer teams have both started their seasons strong in the Little East Conference, while the women's volleyball team is on a 10-game win streak.
- Beacons Sports: Volleyball Nets Coach Condon 200th Win
The volleyball team’s 3-0 victory over Babson College on Friday gave Terry Condon her 200th win as the Beacons head coach.
- 2014 Welcome Week Events: September 3
Learn about great employment opportunities on and off campus at the employment fair from 11 to 2. The welcome for the College of Liberal Arts is at 2; the Graduate Student Welcome Reception is at 3.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 19-November 25)
The volleyball team (24-16) nearly pulled off an upset in the NCAA national tournament on Thursday, but fell short of its goal to best the top Division III team, Calvin College, and advance.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 7-November 12)
The Beacons (21-15) will face Wellesley College Friday afternoon in the first round of the NCAA tournament following their fifth straight Little East Conference tournament title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 30-November 6)
The No. 1 Beacons take on No. 5 Eastern Connecticut State University at home today at 1:30 p.m. in the Little East Conference tournament semifinals.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 22-29)
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team (17-13) secured their fifth straight Little East Conference regular season title Tuesday night.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 15-21)
The UMass Boston women's tennis team (6-9) is aiming for their first postseason team win in program history this afternoon.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 8-14)
The men's and women's soccer teams were 2-0 on the week and the women's tennis team kept their playoff hopes alive with back-to-back wins for the first time since 2011.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 24-30)
The women's volleyball and soccer teams are tied for first place in their respective conferences.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 17-23)
The men's and women's soccer teams are 2-0 in the Little East Conference and volleyball alumna Shannon Thompson '13 has become the first player in program history to sign a professional contract.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 10-16)
The men’s soccer team won two more games this week, pushing their record to 5-2 and securing their best start since 2006.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 3-9)
The men's soccer team was 2-0 on the week, which included a huge 7-0 win over Emmanuel College.
- Intramural Soccer League Start Date
Play intramural soccer
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Aug. 26-Sept. 2)
Coaches in the Little East Conference have made the Beacons women’s volleyball team their pick to repeat as conference champions this year. The women's soccer team has also been picked to repeat.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 5
Enjoy free snacks before class, support the Beacons and watch the men's soccer team take on Emmanuel College, and get discounted tickets to the Broadway touring production of Wicked.
- Soccer, Volleyball Teams Receive Championship Rings
The women’s volleyball team, winners of their fourth straight Little East Conference regular season and tournament titles, had some company at the championship ring ceremony on Monday -- the women's soccer team.
- Women’s Soccer Wraps Up Record-Setting Season
The team, who finished with an 18-3 record after a first-round NCAA tournament loss to Ithaca College, set program records for wins, conference wins (6), and goals scored (70).
- Women’s Volleyball Team Wins NCAA Regional; Advances to Elite Eight
UMass Boston Spikers Make NCAA Quarterfinals; Women's Soccer Falls to Ithaca College
- Women’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Win LEC Championship Games
Both the women’s soccer team and volleyball teams will be taking part in the NCAA Division III tournament. This will be the soccer team's first tournament appearance.
- UMass Boston Sports Teams Make School History in LEC Tourney
For the first time in the history of University of Massachusetts Boston athletics, two sports teams are competing in the Little East Conference Tournament as No. 1 seeds.
- Women’s Soccer Team Earns First-Ever Spot in Regional Poll
The Beacons are now in sole position of the Little East Conference. This is the first time the team has been in this position this late in the season.
- 2012 Welcome Week Events: September 4
Start the semester with a free snack before class, then come out and support the men's soccer team. Free hot dogs, hamburgers, and drinks are available for the first 100 spectators.
- UMass Boston Soccer Player to Compete in 2013 East Asian Cup
Midfielder Reyn Johnson to represent his native Guam in international competition