Tag: Social Justice
- Linked Threats: Climate Change and Social Inequality
As part of HUBWeek, the Sustainable Solutions Lab is co-hosting a discussion on strategies to build resilience and spark innovation in an era of climate change that also address social inequalities.
- “What is Legitimation?”: A Talk by Robert Simpson (Monash, Australia)
Join the UMass Boston Philosophy Department for a talk by Robert Simpson on legitimation.
- Charles Mills Workshop: Liberalism, Race, and Ideology
Join the UMass Boston Philosophy Department for the upcoming workshop: "Reflecting on the work of Charles Mills Liberalism, Race, and Ideology"
- Organizing For and With Massachusetts Native Peoples
What are the shared challenges and goals of the Native American community in Massachusetts?
- The Speech Act of Protest
A talk by Mathew Chrisman (Edinburgh) & Graham Hubbs (Idaho)
- Racial Integration and Moral Bias: A Day with Elizabeth Anderson
Elizabeth Anderson, the John Rawls Collegiate Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, will lead a workshop and give a lecture in the afternoon.
- 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference
The 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference will focus on the history of social movements and activism, and application in current contexts.
- Students Discuss Privilege, Inclusion, Inequalities at Social Justice Conference
The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement hosted the first annual Social Justice Conference at UMass Boston.
- Social Justice Conference
Join us on Saturday, February 21 for conference sponsored by Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement and McCormack Graduate School.
- Doctoral Students Collaborate on Research Project with Boston Youth Justice Partners
Public Policy practicum course offers students real-world research experience and practical insights into the community in which they live.
- Older Women’s Political Activism and Contributions to Social Justice
Mary Catherine Bateson speaks at Older Women's League event co-sponsored by McCormack Graduate School