Tag: Social Justice
- Raising OUR Voices Together for Change: Activists Share Learned Lessons with Emerged Leaders
Annual lunch featured a discussion between leading activists detailing their stories of facing adversity to become the voices of leadership within their communities.
- Alamgir Memorial Lecture: Social Justice & Feminist Futures: Beyond White Supremacy & Islamophobia
Nadine Suleiman Naber will deliver the 2018 Jalal Alamgir Memorial Lecture, sponsored by the Political Science Department.
- Spring Planning Lecture: Building Dr. King’s “Beloved Community” - A Discussion with Mel King
Legendary activist Mel King is the featured speaker for the Master’s Program in Urban Planning and Community Development's spring planning lecture. At 90, Mel King is still challenging local leaders.
- Andrew Dreyfus Honored With “Building a Better Boston” Award
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts president & CEO was recognized for contributions to advancing the Boston region at the Center for Collaborative Leadership's Building a Better Boston award breakfast.
- A Day’s Work: Free Film Screening & Panel Discussion
Find out about the changing dynamics of the temporary workplace.
- Linked Threats: Climate Change and Social Inequality
As part of HUBWeek, the Sustainable Solutions Lab is co-hosting a discussion on strategies to build resilience and spark innovation in an era of climate change that also address social inequalities.
- “What is Legitimation?”: A Talk by Robert Simpson (Monash, Australia)
Join the UMass Boston Philosophy Department for a talk by Robert Simpson on legitimation.
- Charles Mills Workshop: Liberalism, Race, and Ideology
Join the UMass Boston Philosophy Department for the upcoming workshop: "Reflecting on the work of Charles Mills Liberalism, Race, and Ideology"
- Organizing For and With Massachusetts Native Peoples
What are the shared challenges and goals of the Native American community in Massachusetts?
- The Speech Act of Protest
A talk by Mathew Chrisman (Edinburgh) & Graham Hubbs (Idaho)
- Changing the Face of Leadership Lunch: Raising OUR Voices Together for Change
Join the UMass Boston Center for Collaborative Leadership on June 8th at the Seaport Hotel for Raising OUR Voices Together for Change.
- Racial Integration and Moral Bias: A Day with Elizabeth Anderson
Elizabeth Anderson, the John Rawls Collegiate Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, will lead a workshop and give a lecture in the afternoon.
- 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference
The 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference will focus on the history of social movements and activism, and application in current contexts.
- Students Discuss Privilege, Inclusion, Inequalities at Social Justice Conference
The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement hosted the first annual Social Justice Conference at UMass Boston.
- Social Justice Conference
Join us on Saturday, February 21 for conference sponsored by Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement and McCormack Graduate School.
- Doctoral Students Collaborate on Research Project with Boston Youth Justice Partners
Public Policy practicum course offers students real-world research experience and practical insights into the community in which they live.
- Older Women’s Political Activism and Contributions to Social Justice
Mary Catherine Bateson speaks at Older Women's League event co-sponsored by McCormack Graduate School