- Women’s Volleyball Earns 8th Conference Tournament Title; Will Play in NCAA Regional Friday
UMass Boston secured its eighth Little East Conference Tournament title on Saturday and earned a spot in the 2017 NCAA Division III Women's Volleyball Championship Tournament New England Regional.
- UMass Boston Honors Nearly 100 Student Athletes at Annual Ring Ceremony
UMass Boston Athletics honored nearly 100 student athletes at its annual ring ceremony on Thursday, a record for the university in a given academic year.
- Native Student Athletes Strengthen Cultural Ties at UMass Boston
UMass Boston is home to a minor in Native American and indigenous studies and four minority research institutions, including the Institute for New England Native American Studies.
- UMass Boston Freshman Wadeline Jonathas Brings Home Two More National Titles
Wadeline Jonathas, a freshman originally from Gonaives, Haiti, picked up two more national titles over Memorial Day weekend at the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championship Meet in Geneva, Ohio.
- Beacons Baseball Wins NCAA Regional, Heads to College World Series
After trading the lead multiple times, UMass Boston's baseball team beat the Babson College Beavers 11-8 Sunday to win the NCAA Division III Baseball New England Regional Championship. The Beacons now advance to the College World Series, which begins this Friday in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- LEC Champion Beacons to Face Penn State Berks in NCAA Baseball Tourney
UMass Boston’s baseball team is back in the NCAA Tournament after winning their second Little East Conference Tournament on Saturday. The No. 2 Beacons beat the No. 3 UMass Dartmouth Corsairs 8-6 in the tournament final.
- UMass Boston Freshman Runs Away with National Title
This weekend in Naperville, Illinois, Little East Indoor Rookie Field and Track Athlete of the Year Wadeline Jonathas secured her first national title in the 400-meter dash with a time of 55.60.
- Men’s Soccer Advances to Sweet 16
UMass Boston’s men’s soccer team picked up the first two NCAA Tournament wins in program history over the weekend, moving the Beacons on to the Sweet 16 this Saturday, November 19, against Tufts University.
- Volleyball and Men’s Soccer Repeat as Conference Tourney Champs; NCAA Tournament Starts Friday
The women’s volleyball team is on their way to a seventh NCAA Division III regional tournament in eight years. The men's soccer team is also NCAA Tournament bound, thanks to the team’s third consecutive Little East Conference Tournament title.
- “Beaconville” Celebrates Class of 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees
Beacons Athletics inducted five of its most distinguished alumni – and the entire championship 2010 baseball team – into the UMass Boston Athletics Hall of Fame at a celebration Thursday night.
- UMass Boston Men’s Hockey Team Part of Capital One Frozen Fenway 2017
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team will once again play a game at Fenway Park. Fenway Sports Management announced today UMass Boston will take on Babson College on Thursday, January 12 at 7:30 p.m. as part of Capital One Frozen Fenway 2017.
- Beacons Baseball Wins Regular Season Conference Title, Dedicates Monan Park
UMass Boston’s baseball team won its first regular season Little East Conference title Friday, minutes before UMass Boston dedicated the team’s new shared home with BC High.
- Making History: Men’s and Women’s Hockey Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament for First Time
Following a record-breaking weekend, UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s hockey teams learned Monday which opponents they’ll face in their first-ever appearances in the NCAA tournament.
- Men’s Hockey Wins First Title Since 1982; Conference Tourney Starts Saturday
The UMass Boston’s men’s hockey team won their first regular season conference title since 1982 on Saturday, securing home ice advantage throughout the New England Hockey Conference Tournament.
- Beacons Baseball Team Practices in New Monan Park for the First Time
Monan Park is a shared baseball complex that features a replica Green Monster and a 500-seat field with the same dimensions as Fenway Park.
- No. 5 Men’s Hockey Sees Highest-Ever Ranking in Two National Polls
The Beacons are No. 5 in both the D3Hockey.com Top 15 Poll and the USCHO.com Division III Poll.
- UMass Boston Men’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament
Both the men's soccer and the volleyball team won Little East Conference championship games on Saturday, ensuring automatic NCAA tournament bids.
- UMass Boston Inducts 13th Hall of Fame Class
UMass Boston’s Athletics Department inducted its 13th Hall of Fame class on Tuesday. Several of the new inductees shared memories of their playing days at UMass Boston and Boston State College.
- Beacons Spotlight: Women’s Tennis Returns to Conference Playoffs
UMass Boston’s women’s tennis team travels to No. 4 UMass Dartmouth Tuesday afternoon for their first match of the 2015 Little East Conference Tournament.
- 2015 Welcome Week Events: September 12
It's a women's volleyball doubleheader as they take on Christopher Newport University and Eastern Connecticut University.
- UMass Boston Alumnae Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of Fame
Former men's basketball coach Charlie Titus and women's basketball alumnae Andreen Gilpin '04 and Eileen Fenton '91 were honored by the New England Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday.
- “Bobbi the Beacon” to Graduate Friday
Three-sport athlete Kirsten Morrison is one of a handful of students who plays Bobby the Beacon at campus events.
- Men’s Soccer Team Receives Championship Rings
The men’s soccer team received their Little East Conference championship rings in a special ceremony on Wednesday.
- Beacons Spotlight: Triple Threat Kirsten Morrison Named All-Conference
Last week, senior exercise and health sciences major Kirsten Morrison became the first UMass Boston Beacon to earn All-Conference honors in three sports: volleyball, basketball, and softball.
- Baseball, Softball Teams Earn First Wins of the Season on Spring Break Trip to Florida
Continuing an annual tradition, the Beacons softball and baseball teams have arrived in Florida for their first games of the season.
- Race and Gender in Sports Expert to Beacon Athletes: You Have the Power to Affect Change
Conversation with Richard Lapchick kicks off the planning for a sport management program at UMass Boston.
- Beacons Spotlight: Two-Sport Star Carl Joseph Nets 1,000th Point
UMass Boston's first three-time All-American in track and field notches 1,000th point as a member of the men's basketball team. Oh, and he drives the Zamboni too.
- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- Beacons Sports: Undefeated Men’s Hockey Team to Host 50th Codfish Bowl Tournament
The men's hockey team will host the 50th Annual Codfish Bowl Tournament starting Sunday, while the women's hockey team will host the 8th Annual Codfish Bowl Tournament today.
- Men’s Hockey Team Sets Program Record With No. 5 Ranking in National Poll
On Monday, the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s hockey team received their highest-ever national ranking. The Beacons are No. 5 in the USCHO.com poll, up one spot from last week.
- Men’s Soccer Team Advances to First NCAA Tournament
The UMass Boston men’s soccer team will travel to Dudley, Massachusetts to face Nichols College on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the first round of the Division III NCAA tournament.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s Soccer Wins First Regular Season Conference Title; Volleyball 6th
The men’s soccer team won its first regular season Little East Conference title on Sunday, the volleyball team has won its sixth consecutive conference title on Tuesday, and the women’s soccer team could earn a conference title on Saturday.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s, Women’s Soccer Earn Shutout Wins in Conference Openers
The men’s and women’s soccer teams have both started their seasons strong in the Little East Conference, while the women's volleyball team is on a 10-game win streak.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team No. 22 in National Preseason Poll
UMass Boston’s volleyball team is ranked No. 22 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) preseason poll, only the second time in program history the Beacons have been ranked to open the year.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Outfielder Co-Conference Player of the Year
Senior Jamill Moquete recorded 45 hits, including seven doubles, six triples, and four home runs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Brings Home 8 Gold Medals
UMass Boston sophomore Hulerie McGuffie set a Little East Conference record with five gold medals at the LEC Outdoor Championship over the weekend.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Freshman Shatters 1986 Record at Track Meet
Freshman Taylor Smith broke both the 1986 UMass Boston program record and the meet record with her throw of 129-01 feet.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Women’s Softball Coach Picks up 100th Win
Softball Head Coach Natalia Ardagna has more wins than any previous Beacons softball coach.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s Tennis Sweeps Conference Honors
The men’s tennis team (1-5) picked up both weekly Little East Conference (LEC) honors on Monday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball Erases 5-Run Deficit With Walk-Off Win in Florida
The University of Massachusetts Boston Beacons came back from a five-run deficit in the ninth inning to defeat Bethel University, 8-7 on Thursday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sprinter Hulerie McGuffie Places 2nd at Indoor National Championships
Sophomore Hulerie McGuffie has become the first Beacon to earn back-to-back All-America honors in more than 20 years.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sophomore Sprinter Qualifies for Nationals
Sophomore sprinter Hulerie McGuffie will be representing UMass Boston at the indoor national championships this weekend. This is the first time UMass Boston has been represented at the indoor national championships in more than 20 years.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Lacrosse Opens Season with a Win
Sophomore lacrosse player Noah Ellis of Hingham scored four times to lead the UMass Boston Beacons (1-0) to a 12-3 season-opening rout of Johnson & Wales University on Saturday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Advances, Basketball Conference Tourney Starts Tonight
Men’s hockey Head Coach Peter Belisle picked up his 100th win on Saturday as the Beacons trumped No. 6 seed University of New England, 7-2, in the ECAC East playoffs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track Stars Win Gold, Hockey Teams Prepare for Playoffs
Hulerie McGuffie earned two gold medals and Renee O'Brien of Stoneham earned one at the Little East Conference/New England Alliance Championship meet on Saturday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s Hockey Earns Highest Ranking in School History
With three wins this week, the UMass Boston’s men’s hockey team (12-1-2) moved up to No. 6 in the D3Hockey.com Top 15 poll and No. 11 in the USCHO.com national poll.
- Beacons Freeze Salem State in Memorable Citi Frozen Fenway Matchup
The University of Massachusetts Boston Beacons braved the frigid 11-degree temperature and defeated the Salem State Vikings 4-2 in front of 1,100 fans at Citi Frozen Fenway on Tuesday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Teams Take Codfish Bowl Tournament
The Beacons enter today's Citi Frozen Fenway contest against Salem State University with a 10-game unbeaten streak.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (December 10-December 16)
The University of Massachusetts Boston men’s hockey team ends 2013 in great position, with just one tournament remaining before the January 7 Frozen Fenway game against Salem State University.
- Frozen Fenway: Beacons Face Off Against Salem State University
The UMass Boston Beacons will face the Salem State University Vikings on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 4 p.m. at Fenway Park.
- The Week in Beacon Sports (December 3-9)
Sophomore Olivia Murphy Little East Player of the Week for the Second Straight Week
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 26-December 2)
Men's Basketball Head Coach Charlie Titus goes for his 301st win tonight at 7:30.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 19-November 25)
The volleyball team (24-16) nearly pulled off an upset in the NCAA national tournament on Thursday, but fell short of its goal to best the top Division III team, Calvin College, and advance.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 13-November 18)
The UMass Boston volleyball team (24-15) left for Holland, Michigan on Tuesday, taking the next step toward an NCAA title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 7-November 12)
The Beacons (21-15) will face Wellesley College Friday afternoon in the first round of the NCAA tournament following their fifth straight Little East Conference tournament title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 30-November 6)
The No. 1 Beacons take on No. 5 Eastern Connecticut State University at home today at 1:30 p.m. in the Little East Conference tournament semifinals.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 22-29)
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team (17-13) secured their fifth straight Little East Conference regular season title Tuesday night.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 15-21)
The UMass Boston women's tennis team (6-9) is aiming for their first postseason team win in program history this afternoon.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 8-14)
The men's and women's soccer teams were 2-0 on the week and the women's tennis team kept their playoff hopes alive with back-to-back wins for the first time since 2011.
- UMass Boston to Induct 6 Athletes, Tennis Team into Hall of Fame
UMass Boston’s Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Programs and Projects will induct its eleventh Hall of Fame class on Thursday at 5: 30 p.m. at the Clark Athletic Center.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 1-7)
Freshman tennis player Nuha Muntasser has been named the Little East Conference Rookie of the Week for the second time this season.
- UMass Boston Men’s Ice Hockey Selected for 2014 Citi Frozen Fenway Showcase
The Beacons will face the Salem State University Vikings on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 4 p.m. at Fenway Park.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 24-30)
The women's volleyball and soccer teams are tied for first place in their respective conferences.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 17-23)
The men's and women's soccer teams are 2-0 in the Little East Conference and volleyball alumna Shannon Thompson '13 has become the first player in program history to sign a professional contract.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 10-16)
The men’s soccer team won two more games this week, pushing their record to 5-2 and securing their best start since 2006.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Aug. 26-Sept. 2)
Coaches in the Little East Conference have made the Beacons women’s volleyball team their pick to repeat as conference champions this year. The women's soccer team has also been picked to repeat.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 11
Learn about community engagement opportunities on campus, watch the Beacons volleyball team defend their conference title, and see magicians Nate Staniforth and Derek Hughes perform.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 5
Enjoy free snacks before class, support the Beacons and watch the men's soccer team take on Emmanuel College, and get discounted tickets to the Broadway touring production of Wicked.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (May 6-12)
A 5-2 loss to Skidmore College in the NCAA Tournament ends the best-ever season for men's tennis at UMass Boston
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 29-May 5)
Men’s Tennis Wins First Little East Conference Title in 23 Years
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 22-April 28)
For the first time in UMass Boston history, all five spring sports teams have qualified for the postseason.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 8-April 21)
The men’s tennis team is enjoying an eight-game winning streak, which matches the longest unbeaten stretch in team history.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 1-April 7)
Tennis, baseball teams go undefeated in Little East Conference play
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 25-March 31)
The men’s baseball team (6-6) won all three of its games this week, including a doubleheader at UMass Dartmouth on Saturday.
- 11th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2013 into the Hall of Fame.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 11-March 17)
The UMass Boston baseball and softball teams opened their 2013 seasons in sunny Florida as New England struggled to shake off winter.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 25-March 3)
Hockey Teams Close Out Season; Men’s Lacrosse Picks up First Win
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 11-17)
The regular season may be over, but four Beacons squads are headed to the playoffs this week.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 4-February 10)
New Program Records Set at Little East Conference/New England Alliance Indoor Championship
- The Week in Beacons Sports (January 28-February 3)
Men's Hockey Team Racks Up Two More Wins
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Jan. 21-27)
Men’s Hockey Team Earns Highest-Ever Ranking in D3Hockey.com Poll; Personal Bests for Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Nine Athletes, Basketball Club Team to be Inducted into Hall of Fame Thursday
Proceeds from ticket sales for Thursday's banquet will help fund an interactive Hall of Fame display wall in the Clark Athletic Center.