- UMass Boston Professor Arthur Eisenkraft Named to STEM Education Advisory Panel
The National Science Foundation has named Distinguished Professor of Science Education Arthur Eisenkraft to a new advisory panel created to encourage U.S. scientific and technological innovations in education.
- Faculty Receive $1.1 Million NSF Grant to Study Effectiveness of STEM Assessment Practices
Professor of Chemistry Hannah Sevian and Chair and Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction Lisa Gonsalves are the recipients of a five-year, $1.1 million National Science Foundation grant that begins today.
- 2018 STEM Career & Internship Expo
Meet with STEM employers and hear from professionals and graduate students currently working in STEM fields.
- UMass Boston Professor Uses NSF Grants to Spark Science Interest in Elementary, High Schools
Second-year professor Tej Delvi and her co-principal investigators applied for and received three different National Science Foundation grants centered on helping teachers teach science.
- 5th Annual Sciences Grad School Fair
The Initiative for Maximizing Student Development invites undergraduate science majors interested in graduate school, summer research, and post-baccalaureate opportunities to come to this fair.
- UMass Boston Hosts Society for Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
The Society for Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) gathered at UMass Boston on Saturday April 9 to hold its third New England Regional SACNAS Conference.
- Polito, Kennedy Visit UMass Boston for STEM Lecture Series
Integrated Sciences Complex hosts films screening, panel discussion organized by Massachusetts STEM Advisory Council.
- New Research from UMass Boston Scientist Could Save Amphibian Lives
Doug Woodhams investigates new methods to fight chytrid fungus.
- UMass Boston Students Excel in International Mathematics Competition
The team earned its highest ranking since 2011
- UMass Boston Celebrates COSMIC’s 10th Anniversary; Kicks Off UTeach at UMass Boston
On Thursday, the Center for Science and Mathematics in Context celebrated its 10th anniversary, as well as its newest program, UTeach at UMass Boston.
- STEM Career & Internship Expo
Meet with employers from the life sciences, environmental sciences, high technology, and biotechnology industries for summer 2015 internships and employment.
- UTeach Program Expands to UMass Boston
The grant will help prepare teachers in STEM fields.
- You Can Help Scientists Track Giant Kelp From Space!
UMass Boston scientist leads citizen science research project to investigate the “redwoods of the ocean”
- Undergraduates Collaborate with Peers in Scotland
Poster session celebrates exchange program with Glasgow Caledonian University.
- U.S. Secretary of Education Praises UMass Boston’s STEM Diversity
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan praised UMass Boston's "wonderful commitment" to increasing diversity in STEM fields in a Twitter comment recently.
- Chemistry Professor Wins Prestigious Fellowship
Marietta Schwartz, associate dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, will join the Executive Leadership In Academic Technology and Engineering (ELATE) program this fall. The part-time fellowship allows female senior faculty members in STEM to learn skills they need to advance their careers.
- Mayor Walsh Announces Life Science Internship Training Program at UMass Boston
$206,000 will go toward developing an online course for students.
- Sanofi Gives UMass Boston $1 Million in Support of Student Success Program for STEM Education
The gift from Sanofi and Genzyme marks the third significant philanthropic gift this year supporting CSM student success programs.
- Governor Patrick Visits UMass Boston to Unveil High-Demand Scholarship Program
The new initiative awards $2 million to 800 students studying for high-demand career in public colleges and universities across the state.
- Prestigious DoD Physics Fellowship Awarded to Graduate Alumnus Andrew Koller
Andrew Koller aspires to a career of research and teaching others.
- UMass Boston, Wipro Officially Sign STEM Education Pact
Collaboration will train science teachers in New York and Boston
- UMass Boston and Wipro Launch Fellowship Program on Science Education for School Teachers
Wipro Ltd and the University of Massachusetts Boston today jointly announced the launch of a 12-month fellowship program in the US to train 120 school teachers over three years, with the objective of facilitating excellence in science education among students from disadvantaged areas of Boston.