Tag: Student Affairs
- UMass Boston Cuts Ribbon on Expanded Food Pantry for Students in Need
— As part of its commitment to support students inside and outside the classroom, UMass Boston has opened a new expanded food pantry to serve those who are experiencing food insecurity.
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life of UMass Boston
Whether you do one lap or take 100 steps to help fight cancer, all are welcome to participate!
- 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference
The 3rd Annual Social Justice Conference will focus on the history of social movements and activism, and application in current contexts.
- Presentation by Christo Brand, Nelson Mandela’s Former Prison Guard and Friend
Nelson Mandela’s former prison guard, Christo Brand, shares stories never written about before, from his book Mandela: My Prisoner, My Friend.
- Jeff Biggers, author of “State out of the Union”
Come Discuss the In-Depth Study of the so-called "Immigration Crisis" in Arizona with acclaimed journalist and commentator, Jeff Biggers
- U-ACCESS Program Helps Students With Life Outside the Classroom
In February, the Office of Urban and Off-Campus Support Services, also known as the U-ACCESS program, was created.
- UMass Boston Recognized For Support of Students, Employees Serving in Military
UMass Boston has been honored by the U.S. Defense Department for helping military members balance education with service
- America Ferrera to Speak at UMass Boston January 31
Award winning actress and political activist, America Ferrera, will visit UMass Boston January 31 for the kickoff of the Women's Leadership Initiative.