Tag: Student Success
- Chancellor Barry Mills Delivers First Convocation Address at UMass Boston
Officially launching the new academic year with an annual convocation address, Interim Chancellor Barry Mills today said the University of Massachusetts Boston, recognized as one of the most diverse campuses in the nation, will champion unity over division and serve as “the Beacon by the bay.”
- Faculty Research Celebration Highlights Mentorship On Campus
On May 2, Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library hosted the annual Faculty Research Celebration in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- TUSM-UMass Boston Winter Enrichment Program Reception
Join us in celebrating another successful year of the TUSM-UMass Boston Winter Enrichment Program!
- Four UMass Boston Students Selected for Boston Empowered Scholarships
Funds from the Boston Empowered Endowment Account are used to support projects, programs and related activities that benefit students with documented disabilities.
- Four El Mundo Boston Latino 30 Under 30 Recipients Connected to UMass Boston
One current UMass Boston student and three alumni are among this year’s El Mundo Boston Latino 30 under 30 recipients. El Mundo Boston honored senior Renata Teodoro, Andrea Ornelas ’15, Jahdiel Perez ’14, and Juana Matías ’09 at an event last month.
- 2016 Ryan Award Winner Has 4.0, Dream of Teaching English
Hannah Piasecki, an English major in the Honors College, is the winner of the 2016 John W. Ryan Award, an honor given to the UMass Boston junior with the highest GPA.
- UMass Boston Grad Student Named to El Planeta’s Power Under 30 List
El Planeta, the largest Spanish-language newspaper in New England, counts Tariana V. Little '12 '17 as one of the most influential young leaders for the Hispanic community in Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston to Offer Student Housing in 2018
President Marty Meehan today announced that the university expects to open student housing on its Boston campus in September 2018, achieving a long-held goal of providing UMass Boston students with an on-campus residential option.
- UMass Boston Nursing Major Turns Student Success Tool into Scholarship
Kyla Corvino won a scholarship after writing about her experience completing a Mapworks survey. Mapworks is an online tool offered through the University Advising Center that helps students assess whether they are staying on track toward graduation.
- Pathway Program Navitas Extends Partnership Agreement with UMass Boston by 10 Years
International students will have the opportunity to benefit from the services of pathway program Navitas for at least another 10 years.
- CSM Celebrates Student Success and Corporate Partnerships in STEM with Sanofi Genzyme and Oracle
The showcase featured 64 poster presentations by over 150 CSM students.
- CSM Student Success Showcase
Dean Andrew Grosovsky invites you to the CSM Student Success Showcase, sponsored by Sanofi Genzyme and Oracle.
- UMass Boston Grad Student Andrew Bunyard Among 29 Who Shine in 2014
Andrew Bunyard, a public affairs major from Boxborough, is the 2014 "29 Who Shine" award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Glasgow Exchange Students Bring New Perspectives to UMass Boston
Exchange includes 80 students in Boston and Glasgow, Scotland.
- First Chance to Take Your MAP-Works Assessment
Taking your MAP-Works Assessment each semester is one way to start and stay on track toward graduation. Participate and get a food voucher and a chance at priority registration in spring 2014.
- Second Chance to Take Your MAP-Works Assessment
Take your MAP-Works Assessment and start on track and and stay on track toward graduation. Participate and get a food voucher and a chance at priority registration in spring 2014.
- Freshman High Jumper to Represent UMass Boston at National NCAA Meet
High jumper Carl Joseph will represent UMass Boston Friday at the 2012 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Claremont, California.
- PhD Student Kenly Hiller Awarded EPA STAR Graduate Fellowship
Kenly Hiller has been awarded a prestigious Environmental Protection Agency STAR Graduate Fellowship.
- UMass Boston Students Take Home Golden Microphone Trophy
UMass Boston seniors Caleb Nelson and Jacob Sommer won an Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) award for their project JFK 50, a series of vignettes about John F. Kennedy's presidency.
- Three UMass Boston Students Finalists in National Radio Competition
Three University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected as finalists for the third annual Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) Awards.
- Nominate Students for Beacon Awards
The Beacon Awards give UMass Boston faculty and staff members the chance to recognize the unique accomplishments and dedication of UMass Boston students.